HEB Fry Rd. And Grand Pkwy.

bcnet

hey guys, just as an fyi to HEB and the Central Market format stores.... Heb will not be bringing in anymore Central Markets into the Texas Area for now... there has been talk to expand Central Market nationwide and that will finally be happenning, Central Markets will be expanding to a couple locations outside of Texas, exact locations not disclosed... as far as the location on 249 and Louetta, it will be a Heb with a twist of Central Market, as the Heb in the Woodlands, The Woodlands Market.

Has anyone vistited the Heb Plus on Grand Parkway? What do you think is the feeling?

I made a point to stop by last night just so I can say that I went there on the day that it opened. It is pretty awesome - I went at 9:30 last night and the parking lot was totally full. I found out from one of the employees that they are required to park at Seven Lakes high school and ride a bus to work, so all of those cars in the parking lot belong to customers! Even though the parking lot was full, the store didn't feel too crowded. When you walk in it has a very open air feeling. It does not force you through the produce department like most other HEB store do - they have a huge prepared foods kiosk, big bakery, huge produce section, big deli, several different stations (like totillas, cooking demonstrations, etc) and the grocery department in general is just flat out very big. They have an entire section for CDs and DVDs called the 'entertainment' section. There was a large book section, large cards/gift wrap area, and there is so much more that I can't even remember. There were 21 check-out areas and all were open at 9:30 last night when I went through to buy my 1/2 gallon blue-bell for $1.99. Go check it out! It is clean, laid out well, bright, and fun!

I haven't really seen the area in detail, but when I did get a glance of it going on the Westpark Tollway ramp, it didn't look like there was enough room for anything. There already is a Kohls on Fry Road.

hey guys, just as an fyi to HEB and the Central Market format stores.... Heb will not be bringing in anymore Central Markets into the Texas Area for now...

They are so comfy to shop in, but I guess Whole Foods has the market cornered on this type of experience.

What do they have in Kohls? I have never been there.

THIS IS WHAT THEY HAVE

Kohls Features & Services

our products

Kohl's is committed to selling national brands at locally competitive prices. Whether you shop us in-store or online, you'll find top name brands in every department, including: Dockers

The wife and I will make it a point to go check it out tonight.

Little late with this but.........What's with the appearance of this new HEB? I was in San Antonio and saw some very nice looking store fronts that catered specifically to the neighborhoods. If this HEB was in Cinco Ranch it would not have the bright colors but would have more of a neighborhood appeal. Did this design go under an architectural review with neighborhood groups? Seven Meadows? Grand Lakes? etc. Does anyone know?

Little late with this but.........What's with the appearance of this new HEB? I was in San Antonio and saw some very nice looking store fronts that catered specifically to the neighborhoods. If this HEB was in Cinco Ranch it would not have the bright colors but would have more of a neighborhood appeal. Did this design go under an architectural review with neighborhood groups? Seven Meadows? Grand Lakes? etc. Does anyone know?

good point I was thinking this myself. I was hoping it would have some stone work on it. all earthy looking you know. For the people who haven't seen it, It has some blue and white checked thing at the top, anyone have a picture.

I know Cinco has an Architectural review commitee that you have to submit to but I don't know about the other communities. I know we(work) did some plans for an NTB at Westheimer Parkway and Grand Parkway that had to go to review with Cinco and nobody else.

At least it is not one of the the god awful pink and lime green schemed HEB's. There is one on Highway 6 down by Bissonet. And one on the Beltway near Blackhawk.

I haven't actually made it to the store yet despite being in Home depot 3 times since the HEB opened. The traffic has turned me off.

good point I was thinking this myself. I was hoping it would have some stone work on it. all earthy looking you know. For the people who haven't seen it, It has some blue and white checked thing at the top, anyone have a picture.

I know Cinco has an Architectural review commitee that you have to submit to but I don't know about the other communities. I know we(work) did some plans for an NTB at Westheimer Parkway and Grand Parkway that had to go to review with Cinco and nobody else.

At least it is not one of the the god awful pink and lime green schemed HEB's. There is one on Highway 6 down by Bissonet. And one on the Beltway near Blackhawk.

I haven't actually made it to the store yet despite being in Home depot 3 times since the HEB opened. The traffic has turned me off.

We do have an ARC at 7 Meadows and they are usually pretty strict (turned me down for a couple of things that I think were OK) So I don't know if they had any input into the store's design. If i had to guess, I would think that either they didn't have a say so in the design or they got some kind of "deal" for accepting it as is.

I also posted FalconRanch's news about Kohl's on the community website at 7M and got a backlash that I didn't expect. it seems that it's not as well received as I would have thought. Anyway, one resident contacted the development company and asked specifically about this and all they got was a generic response stating that negotiations were not finalized yet and they are still negotiating with a few different retailers to fill that location. ??? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I also posted FalconRanch's news about Kohl's on the community website at 7M and got a backlash that I didn't expect. it seems that it's not as well received as I would have thought. Anyway, one resident contacted the development company and asked specifically about this and all they got was a generic response stating that negotiations were not finalized yet and they are still negotiating with a few different retailers to fill that location. ??? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

That's interesting. Why the backlash against Kohl's? Do they feel it's not high-end enough?

I generally like shopping at Kohls.

Pretty good deals usually on Khacki's and dress pants, polo shirts, stuff i wear to work.

But I can see some opposition as it could draw people to the area to shop that people that live in 400,000 dollar homes don't want to shop with, damn elitist scum. haha

I generally like shopping at Kohls.

Pretty good deals usually on Khacki's and dress pants, polo shirts, stuff i wear to work.

But I can see some opposition as it could draw people to the area to shop that people that live in 400,000 dollar homes don't want to shop with, damn elitist scum. haha

Like my user name says, I've lived in Katy since 1982 and have seen a lot of changes. Their main gripe is not the fact that you mentioned, it's more that they thought they were moving "away from it all" by moving out as far as 1093 and 99. If I've learned anything with my time in Katy, there is no "away from it all" for too long. There's also a big concern with traffic. Granted HEB is still in it's "let's go check out the new store" phase, but adding a Kohls or what ever will make it worse. I'm not one of the ones who are upset. and for the record. I've lived in 7M for 3 years and my house didn't come anywhere near $400,000 ;)

We do have an ARC at 7 Meadows and they are usually pretty strict (turned me down for a couple of things that I think were OK) So I don't know if they had any input into the store's design. If i had to guess, I would think that either they didn't have a say so in the design or they got some kind of "deal" for accepting it as is.

Well as you mentioned in maybe they got a deal for the design, well, this HEb got delayed about a year and a half because HEB wanted to close at 1 a.m. like most of their other stores. But the community would not let them, the latest they were allowed to stay open was 12 midnight. So MAYBE im not sure, Seven Meadows would comply to the design as long as HEb closed at 12 midnight. But on the plus side, at least its not purple and yellow like the one on Mason Rd.

Like my user name says, I've lived in Katy since 1982 and have seen a lot of changes. Their main gripe is not the fact that you mentioned, it's more that they thought they were moving "away from it all" by moving out as far as 1093 and 99. If I've learned anything with my time in Katy, there is no "away from it all" for too long. There's also a big concern with traffic. Granted HEB is still in it's "let's go check out the new store" phase, but adding a Kohls or what ever will make it worse. I'm not one of the ones who are upset. and for the record. I've lived in 7M for 3 years and my house didn't come anywhere near $400,000 ;)

I was making that remark toungue in cheek mostly but with some of the posters on this forum with such strong opinions I could see how it would be confusing how to take it.

I think the traffic will be an annoyance though like you said. At the home depot across the street, the parking lot seems to always be full or near it. but it's relative I mean that Intersection was really quiet about or three years ago. I for one live 5 minutes away in Cinco I am excited about the new growth and commerce as long as the developers will be held to doing it right and seems like they are. I am glad the developers built 7meadows and grandlakes and cinco for the most part right up to the r.o.w.'s of 99 and the nearby roads. Which to me means there is not a lot of room for ugly strip centers left.

I was making that remark toungue in cheek mostly but with some of the posters on this forum with such strong opinions I could see how it would be confusing how to take it.

I think the traffic will be an annoyance though like you said. At the home depot across the street, the parking lot seems to always be full or near it. but it's relative I mean that Intersection was really quiet about or three years ago. I for one live 5 minutes away in Cinco I am excited about the new growth and commerce as long as the developers will be held to doing it right and seems like they are. I am glad the developers built 7meadows and grandlakes and cinco for the most part right up to the r.o.w.'s of 99 and the nearby roads. Which to me means there is not a lot of room for ugly strip centers left.

I knew you were "teasing" I was just bantering back at ya. Just as an aside, the home depot parking lot is full most of the time because there are 4 or 5 van pools that leave from there each morning, so all the spaces near the contractors entrance are taken up by those people that leave their cars and take the van pool to work.

Something I'm interested in seeing is how traffic will change once (if) that new super Wal-mart is built south of 1093 off of 99

The wife and I stopped by the other day to check out the new store. While it was nice and all, we likely won't be back any time soon. Traffic was horrendous to say the least. The parking lot appears to small and trying to get in and out of the parking lot is a nightmare. It gives the impression that traffic flow was not considered at all. WOW, that was worse than trying to navigate Fry Road! lol

I found that the HEB is called the Houston 40 Grand Parkway at Fry Road store ( http://www.heb.com/yourHEBStore/sLocator.d...;attributesStr= ) - The store is in (unincorporated) Fort Bend County

As for statistics taken from that site:

* Store Hours are 6 A.M. to 12 A.M.

* Gasoline is available for 24 hours per day

* Pharmacy hours are:

** Monday through Friday: 9 A.M. to 9 P.M.

** Saturday: 9 A.M. to 8 P.M.

** Sunday: 10 A.M. to 5 P.M.

• 2 weeks later...
Well as you mentioned in maybe they got a deal for the design, well, this HEb got delayed about a year and a half because HEB wanted to close at 1 a.m. like most of their other stores. But the community would not let them, the latest they were allowed to stay open was 12 midnight. So MAYBE im not sure, Seven Meadows would comply to the design as long as HEb closed at 12 midnight. But on the plus side, at least its not purple and yellow like the one on Mason Rd.

I live in cinco not far from the new HEB and i have to say i am EXTREMELY dissapointed by its appearance. Seriously, the nail salon and wireless store out front have a tin roof as if they are temporary. The gas station sign is HUGE and that horrible blue 'wave' wall. Do they think they are catering to a high end market, or are they trying to pull the trash that lives south of us in north fort bend? I would really like to know how this was approved by the 7M HOA. Anyone have an idea of how to find out?

I live in cinco not far from the new HEB and i have to say i am EXTREMELY dissapointed by its appearance. Seriously, the nail salon and wireless store out front have a tin roof as if they are temporary. The gas station sign is HUGE and that horrible blue 'wave' wall. Do they think they are catering to a high end market, or are they trying to pull the trash that lives south of us in north fort bend? I would really like to know how this was approved by the 7M HOA. Anyone have an idea of how to find out?

Funny you mention this as I thought the same thing yesterday while going to Home Depot. The traffic was to a point that it needs a light at the entrance of HEB/ Home Depot.

I also second your "EXTREMELY dissapointed by its appearance" comment. This store looks WAY out of place in such a nice area. One would think that Seven Meadows would have had a little more to say about what/ia was an immediate eyesore.

Like I said, the store design and those pad stroe designs should have had the same brick design as the Home Depot across the street to compliment the area. The Home Depot blends in well, especially with the tall trees.

• The title was changed to HEB Fry Rd. And Grand Pkwy.

Archived