What Makes A Good Builder?

jscarbor

I was a member of BBB last year. I haven't resigned up with them this year because I didn't get anything out of it. Probably my fault since I didn't really work the BBB angle. Now I have attorneys telling me I'm giving up way to much by being in the BBB? If I were a little bigger and could get REAL value out of the BBB then I would think it would be a great marketing tool that you could use to educate buyers about why the BBB is important in regards to homebuilders.

I was a member of BBB last year. I haven't resigned up with them this year because I didn't get anything out of it. Probably my fault since I didn't really work the BBB angle. Now I have attorneys telling me I'm giving up way to much by being in the BBB? If I were a little bigger and could get REAL value out of the BBB then I would think it would be a great marketing tool that you could use to educate buyers about why the BBB is important in regards to homebuilders.

Many of the larger builders are leaving the BBB becasue they are bound to arbitrate there, BBB is free for the first day. AAA arbitration is so costly the little guy can't afford it, so they can't participate and that is what the big builders count on. They also do not own the arbitrators in BBB. In AAA they are the repeat clients and AAA makes a lot of money off them. The little guy is not going to be able to buy another house after AAA and the big builders get though with them. They come out in bankrupcy,foreclosure and ususally under secrecety aggreements,gag orders.

Many of the larger builders are leaving the BBB becasue they are bound to arbitrate there, BBB is free for the first day. AAA arbitration is so costly the little guy can't afford it, so they can't participate and that is what the big builders count on. They also do not own the arbitrators in BBB. In AAA they are the repeat clients and AAA makes a lot of money off them. The little guy is not going to be able to buy another house after AAA and the big builders get though with them. They come out in bankrupcy,foreclosure and ususally under secrecety aggreements,gag orders.

I'm curious which builders left the BBB, and who told you that the reason was arbitration. I just looked at the Houston BBB website, and every single large builder I could think of was listed.

I'm curious which builders left the BBB, and who told you that the reason was arbitration. I just looked at the Houston BBB website, and every single large builder I could think of was listed.

Tremont, was thrown out and others followed. I have to be absoutly correct before I answer. I will get the names and get back with you..

Tremont, was thrown out and others followed. I have to be absoutly correct before I answer. I will get the names and get back with you..

I can think of 5 builders not members of the BBB: Juliet Homes, Tremont, Centex, Pulte, and David Weekley.

According to the Houston Chronicle Nov 2005 article:

"Some builders are dropping their membership in the Better Business Bureau of Metropolitan Houston because they don't want to use the alternative dispute resolution process, a process they agreed to as terms of their membership."

"So far, four major builders

I can think of 5 builders not members of the BBB: Juliet Homes, Tremont, Centex, Pulte, and David Weekley.

According to the Houston Chronicle Nov 2005 article:

"Some builders are dropping their membership in the Better Business Bureau of Metropolitan Houston because they don't want to use the alternative dispute resolution process, a process they agreed to as terms of their membership."

"So far, four major builders