Courtesy Chevrolet Or West Point Buick?

Parrothead

Well, someone ran into my hubby the other night and our insurance company USAA has given us two options on our side of town for body work. One is Courtesy Chevrolet and the other is West Point Buick.

I know both have been around for a very long time, I think Courtesy has been around since the '50s. My question is, has anyone ever had body work done at either place? Our car is an Isuzu Trooper. I guess anyone can work on any model if they know what they're doing, right?

Thanks! :)

Well, someone ran into my hubby the other night and our insurance company USAA has given us two options on our side of town for body work. One is Courtesy Chevrolet and the other is West Point Buick.

I know both have been around for a very long time, I think Courtesy has been around since the '50s. My question is, has anyone ever had body work done at either place? Our car is an Isuzu Trooper. I guess anyone can work on any model if they know what they're doing, right?

Thanks! :)

Guess what, your insurance company can't dictate where you go for service. They can only say HOW MUCH they are willing to pay for the damage, and you can take it to whoever you want. No, not everyone can do good work. If you are on the westside of town, I highly recommend you take it to S&T auto body in Katy. I am in the automotive industry, I know who does good work. These guys are top-notch, and reasonable. They do alot of cars for me, and they have totally restored my 72 olds cutlass. They should have no problems with your Isuzu. Call Jeff Spittler at 281-392-0278.

Asking the insurance company where to get your car fixed is tantamount to the fox guarding the henhouse. Insurance companies only care about ONE THING when selecting shops to refer people to....LOW COST!

Asking the insurance company where to get your car fixed is tantamount to the fox guarding the henhouse. Insurance companies only care about ONE THING when selecting shops to refer people to....LOW COST!

That's not true with USAA. They do not tell you where to take your car. They will give you suggestions if you are unsure where to go. Just tell them where you are taking it, and they will work with that bodyshop to take care of it.

I would tell you to take it to my brother's shop, but he is way up at Aldine Westfield and Cypresswood.

I don't know about the body shop, but I would avoid the sales side of West Point. I bought two cars from them and had a terrible experience with broken promises, missed deadlines, disobeyed instructions, and things involuntarily instaled on my vehicles that I didn't ask for. I am fortunate that I will never have the opportunity to do business with them again.

I don't know about the body shop, but I would avoid the sales side of West Point. I bought two cars from them and had a terrible experience with broken promises, missed deadlines, disobeyed instructions, and things involuntarily instaled on my vehicles that I didn't ask for. I am fortunate that I will never have the opportunity to do business with them again.

Come on down and see me editor. No broken promises here, because I ain't gonna promise you anyhting, I rather under promise and over deliver to you. :lol::huh::lol:

Thanks so much TJones.

They actually just gave us the two as suggestions, since they work pretty closely with them and they're close to us. We trust USAA, because they've been really great in the 8 years we've had them, but I think in this case I'll heed your advice. I'll give that info along with Jeff's number to Matt. He's the one who said, "Go ask your architecture friends." B)

Thanks so much TJones.

They actually just gave us the two as suggestions, since they work pretty closely with them and they're close to us. We trust USAA, because they've been really great in the 8 years we've had them, but I think in this case I'll heed your advice. I'll give that info along with Jeff's number to Matt. He's the one who said, "Go ask your architecture friends." B)

I like USAA also, a very good company, I actually have stock in them,and we do alot of loans through them. But I assure you Jeff and the gang know their stuff, Their work has been on the cover of Road & Track, Motor Trend, and a few other periodicals. If you see a Viper, especially a Hennesey version, on a cover, it is a pretty good bet, that S&T have done the body mods and paint work on it. Let me know if I can help. ;)

Archived