ACLU Adverstisement

sevfiv

Why would you guess that? I always vote. Usually holding my nose when I do but I still vote. I mean it wasn't easy to vote for Kerry. The lesser of two evils thing.

Good deal, I am of the belief that if you don't vote, you can't delicate flower ! :lol:

You must be in a really nice "hood" ! <_<

No, not the nicest, but far from the worst in Houston. It's a quiet blue-collar neighborhood inside the loop. I've lived in much, much worse (Gulfton), and I could get pizza from any number of places there. I could also get shot any number of places there...which doesn't happen in our neighborhood, but I still gotta drive two miles to get my pizza.

And don't forget, with a county full of conservatives, if they manufacture a case against you, you'll never win, because conservatives always support law enforcement.

Most people would never believe that cases are manufactured or dirty aspects exist on the government's side during prosecutions etc. I hear defendents have a real hard time beating a case in Federal court, for example, and, while we assume that most defendents are actually guilty by the time they're before a Federal judge, the tactics to ensure the Government's victory have been known to stretch the limits of what citizens understand as fair and unbiased. I've heard some anecdotes, so I have no proof.

And look at how the folks at Guantanamo are being treated. Lock 'em up, no trial dates, no time tables; like the old communist gulags. And no one really complains.

What scares me most is how complacent everyone is.

Archived