Now this is cool...

French Officials Join Mayor to Announce Cultural Initiatives

(New Orleans, LA) Mayor C. Ray Nagin will welcome an official French delegation led by the French Minister of Culture Renaud Donnedieu de Vabres. The delegation includes the Ambassador of France to the United States and the president of the Louvre, along with several other dignitaries.

The French delegation's mission is in support of Hurricane Katrina relief efforts and will include the announcement of several key cultural initiatives.

Mayor Nagin and the delegation will hold a press conference at 11:15 a.m. Friday, November 4, 2005, in the Mayor's Press Room, 2nd floor of City Hall.

Thanks for the link, Cinco.

What a pessimistic little narrow-minded bigot Sean in New Orleans is. I'm glad he doesn't live in Houston, but I'm surprised that he lives in NOLA with that mindset (and that no one there has beat him up yet!)

I'm sure Sean has nursed a few nosebleeds in his time. :D

Yah I just read over what I said, and I didn't make sence...

sorry!

being a real estate agent I get a pretty good feel for what goes on. I work with people all day. A lot of people will not come back. Some of the very poor will get a chance elsewhere that will far exceed the chance they have gotten here living on the federal reservation of programs. the schools will get better, atrend to charter schools before the state takes them over next month. New people will come. the old people will generally leave leaving a younger city of spirited citizens. Lets say goodbye to the saints and the corp greed,the NFL is no longer a blue collar sport for the average fan to attend the games. The HUD will and the federal programs will fail because they take so long. Most of live togeather just fine but there are racial overtones. When have you sat down and talked to someone living in a $300 a month apartment. Our society is a wierd mixture of people many creative and many are not normal. This is not Texas nor will it be. Both places are for certain people to appreciate. I hate malls and chain eateries. Could care less about fashion, suits and ties. Having a sandwich and a beer in a neighbor shop with 5-6 nationalities like I did today is not a bad thing. Sit on the side walk if you want. Took some great photos. One guy invited me in to look at his house to look at his renovation. His neighbor and renter of 30 years explained the looting and how he rode out the storm. he was concerned about getting hot water heaters for 2 of his friends that were elderly. figure no hot water for 2 months. Let put life in perspective and hope people have a better chance and things will change fast. New Orleans will never be the Corp. town but it can be many other things and is much bigger than the poor areas that were portrayed on the tv cameras. maybe we dont understand the people like we should. we surely dont understand them in Iraq. This is a builders dream if you like old buildings and old homes. it can become a passion for many of us,because we are stupid maybe. eric

Yah I just read over what I said, and I didn't make sence...

sorry!

being a real estate agent I get a pretty good feel for what goes on. I work with people all day. A lot of people will not come back. Some of the very poor will get a chance elsewhere that will far exceed the chance they have gotten here living on the federal reservation of programs. the schools will get better, atrend to charter schools before the state takes them over next month. New people will come. the old people will generally leave leaving a younger city of spirited citizens. Lets say goodbye to the saints and the corp greed,the NFL is no longer a blue collar sport for the average fan to attend the games. The HUD will and the federal programs will fail because they take so long. Most of live togeather just fine but there are racial overtones. When have you sat down and talked to someone living in a $300 a month apartment. Our society is a wierd mixture of people many creative and many are not normal. This is not Texas nor will it be. Both places are for certain people to appreciate. I hate malls and chain eateries. Could care less about fashion, suits and ties. Having a sandwich and a beer in a neighbor shop with 5-6 nationalities like I did today is not a bad thing. Sit on the side walk if you want. Took some great photos. One guy invited me in to look at his house to look at his renovation. His neighbor and renter of 30 years explained the looting and how he rode out the storm. he was concerned about getting hot water heaters for 2 of his friends that were elderly. figure no hot water for 2 months. Let put life in perspective and hope people have a better chance and things will change fast. New Orleans will never be the Corp. town but it can be many other things and is much bigger than the poor areas that were portrayed on the tv cameras. maybe we dont understand the people like we should. we surely dont understand them in Iraq. This is a builders dream if you like old buildings and old homes. it can become a passion for many of us,because we are stupid maybe. eric

This is not Texas nor will it be. Both places are for certain people to appreciate. I hate malls and chain eateries. Could care less about fashion, suits and tie.

Have you ever been to the island? Texas may not be as homogenous as you think it is...

Archived