Peppermint Park At Gulfgate Shopping Center

Parrothead

Anybody remember Wee Wild West? I remember Peppermint Park. I was 4 in 1963, so I may have been at that party. Unfortunately, my favorite part of these parties were the cupcakes...still are! :D

Here is a Link to a Historic Aerial view of the Park.

If you follow the link you can clearly see Peppermint Park written upside down on the big building.

BTW - This was the the location by Gulfgate, before it was moved. It was the only one I went to. I loved that place.

I remember having a few birthday parties at PP. I still have a ton of pictures with friends eating cake under the big patio structure. I can't remember the orginal location, but I believe they moved to 59/Betlway 8. Not sure when that location closed.

Anybody remember Wee Wild West? I remember Peppermint Park. I was 4 in 1963, so I may have been at that party. Unfortunately, my favorite part of these parties were the cupcakes...still are! :D

I do remember going to Wee Wild West a couple of times back in the early 1960's. It was located off Westheimer just a little west of what is now the Galleria and, unlike Playland Park, it catered to the younger kids. I lived in <what was then> southwest Houston, and I suspect that the park drew traffic primarily from the west side of town -- for birthdays, etc. I remember my Mom getting all excited and dropping her purse from the little roller coaster there; I still get a chuckle out of that. I don't have the link, but you can watch a wonderful little video shot at the park in the ealy sixties on YouTube. It will no doubt stir some wonderful memories for you, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did <and still do>.

• 1 year later...

We always parked and went in right at Sakowitz. Sakowitz had a great little candy counter with the chocolate coins and suckers with little faces in them. But we always made it down the mall to the popcorn. If you find that time machine please let me know. Now I'm craving an Orange Julius. When I was little I thought they tasted like St. Josephs aspirin.

OMG, I always thought Orange Julius tasted like St. Joseph aspirin, too! MUCH better than Bayer children's aspirin, which for some reason my mother insisted on buying more often than St. Joseph, probably because I told her St. Jo's tasted better.

• The title was changed to Peppermint Park At Gulfgate Shopping Center