Tallest Condo Tower

"This will all be moot once The Mandarin Victory(45 stories and 600ft) and Hall's tower in the Arts District is completed. The Hall tower(50 stories and undisclosed height, but from the model, will be in the 800ft range) was assumed by all to be a no go or simply pie in the sky. Then Hall came out with a statement about wanting to start when material prices lowered a bit. Now we now see that Hunt Construction has been awarded the construction contract to build it starting this coming fall."

Hold up... I thought the building that would contain the Dallas Mandarin would have a large office component, also. In fact, and please correct me if I am wrong (because that is entirely possible), I think the Mandarin Hotel and Residences will be on the lower floors and the office component will be on the higher floors. If so, I would qualify this building as the tallest mixed-use project (office, hotel, condo, retail) in Texas... but not the tallest residential tower. Does that make sense? :huh:

• 4 months later...
"This will all be moot once The Mandarin Victory(45 stories and 600ft) and Hall's tower in the Arts District is completed. The Hall tower(50 stories and undisclosed height, but from the model, will be in the 800ft range) was assumed by all to be a no go or simply pie in the sky. Then Hall came out with a statement about wanting to start when material prices lowered a bit. Now we now see that Hunt Construction has been awarded the construction contract to build it starting this coming fall."

Hold up... I thought the building that would contain the Dallas Mandarin would have a large office component, also. In fact, and please correct me if I am wrong (because that is entirely possible), I think the Mandarin Hotel and Residences will be on the lower floors and the office component will be on the higher floors. If so, I would qualify this building as the tallest mixed-use project (office, hotel, condo, retail) in Texas... but not the tallest residential tower. Does that make sense? :huh:

You are partially correct. It is a mixed use building, but the office and hotel component will be the lower levels, and the condos will finish off the top floors. So it is not the tallest condo building in Texas, but will have the highest residential spaces, (so far), once it is completed.

The "W" Hotel (is that the Mandarin one?) will be 652 ft. tall. That will be the tallest "residential" tower of sorts in Texas. HOWEVER, it is a hotel and apartment complex. Not that one would be against that kind of complex. No other Texas city has twin towers, i.e., 30-story Mosaic (going up right now) towers, Four Leaf Towers (40-stories each), and many, many other high rises that Texas' largest city can boast (but I might be mis-informed, let me know). Anyhow, good luck to all. We need more ... even if they have to be in Dallas. :P

Just to scare all us folks in both Houston and Dallas....I was in Charlotte, North Carolina last month for a family wedding. There are 3 residential buildings under construction Downtown over 50 storeys tall. I got the "driving tour" from my cousin and saw all 3 sites. All 3 will have some sort of ground level retail.

We better get moving in Texas!

• 3 months later...

Looking at SSP last night I found a condo tower going up in Panama City, (of all places), that will be 104 stories tall and they claim it will be the tallest residential buuilding in the world when complete. It is already U/C.

Looking at SSP last night I found a condo tower going up in Panama City, (of all places), that will be 104 stories tall and they claim it will be the tallest residential buuilding in the world when complete. It is already U/C.

You betcha! Panama City is the new place to retire. You can get a place with maid service and the whole nine yards for about 1200 bucks a month. TV is a great thing.

• 8 months later...

If you're counting only roof height then yes, The Huntington in Houston is the tallest residential building there, as well as statewide currently. However, Emporis and other sources include spire heights. This is an old worn out debate, but officially spires are counted since they're architectural elements. Going by that, the Mercantile Building in Dallas is being converted to residential. That building is 545 feet to the spire and 430 feet to the roof. I think the RepublicBank tower conversion has been put on hold, I may be wrong about that, but I haven't heard anything about its progress in a while, and this is a fairly old proposal, several years anyway. The Huntington is 503 feet tall with 34 floors. The next new tallest residential building in Texas will be in Austin actually. 360 Condominiums which is under construction (work starting on the 41st floor right now), will be 563 feet to the spire and 472 feet to the roof. It will have 44 floors. With that building, Austin will officially pass San Antonio in four height categories. Tallest spire height, tallest roof height, highest floor number and tallest residential building. Their tallest, the Marriott Rivercenter Hotel is 546 feet to the spires, 441 feet to the roof, and has 38 floors. Fort Worth's tallest, Burnett Plaza, is 567 feet with 40 floors, so they'll still have a taller building than Austin for about 2 more years. Work started a month ago on The Austonian in Austin. This building will be 683 feet tall to the roof (no spire) and will have 56 floors, and will be all residential. This will be not only the new tallest building in Austin, but will be the tallest in the state outside of Houston and Dallas, and will also be the tallest residential building in the Southwest. Denver and LA have a few proposals, but there doesn't seem to be anything taller planned for the Southwest.

Currently, Austin has 10 buildings under construction or proposed that will have 35 floors or more. 6 of those are above 40 floors, one has 56 floors. Among those, is a 580 foot hotel/condo tower with 44 floors, and a 550 foot hotel/condo tower with 40 floors.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Im a former Houstonian living in Nashville. I wanted to share with you the Signature Tower, that has broken ground here in Nashville. It is a 70 story hotel/condo/retail building.

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=signat...ashville-tn-usa

Very nice building... but has it actually broken ground?? Last I heard it was approved but has yet to break ground.

Archived