Happy Labor Day!

HeightsGuy

I could deal with the first part, I mean we live in Houston - its almost expected..

See this is the slippery slope, you've come to expect that its ok to run around without insurance? So that us law abiding citizens can pony up the difference? What a crock. Why should I pay for some illegal's lack of insurance, or health care? I pay over $800/month to cover my whole family, and for what, so that some illegal can get it for free? How about air pollution? Illegals could care less about having emissions certified cars, they just go to a friendly inspection place and get the sticker without passing. It goes on and on, so rationalize all you want about hiring illegals and how everyone is doing it, but don't say it doesn't effect anyone or that its within the law. That's BS.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See this is the slippery slope, you've come to expect that its ok to run around without insurance? So that us law abiding citizens can pony up the difference? What a crock. Why should I pay for some illegal's lack of insurance, or health care? I pay over $800/month to cover my whole family, and for what, so that some illegal can get it for free? How about air pollution? Illegals could care less about having emissions certified cars, they just go to a friendly inspection place and get the sticker without passing. It goes on and on, so rationalize all you want about hiring illegals and how everyone is doing it, but don't say it doesn't effect anyone or that its within the law. That's BS.

I think your more angry with yourself that you're paying $800.00 a month for insurance, when there are people getting healthcare for free!

And honestly, do you really care about air pollution? Because if you did, you'd sell that car, buy a bike, and stop being a hypocrite.

You don't have to arrest the illegals to fix the problem. Just arrest those who hire them. When illegals are no longer being hired, either they will leave or go through proper channels to come into the country.

Hmmmm, just like prostitution, but you have to know that the person in question, that you are picking up IS an "illegal". But, if you are picking up a truckload of "undercover cops" ummmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't those officers be ""LEGAL" U.S. residents ? :blink::huh::lol:

It happened to me on Montrose. I was hit head-on by a woman who crossed the median in a stolen van. No license. No insurance. No I.D. whatsoever. There just happened to be a cop about five car lengths behind me who saw the whole thing. She admitted to him that she was an illegal from Mexico. He let her go because there were five children in the van.

That was the day I learned that it's worth the money to pay extra for good car insurance.

She called me at home a few weeks later and in very bad English that sounded like she was reading from a script, left a message on my machine threatening to claim that she had back pain and sue me if I didn't give her money.

I'm not saying my experience is typical, but it is my experience.

In my 18 years experience as a lawyer, I have found that only illegal aliens do this. I have never seen an American citizen pull a scam like this. This is why we should close the borders. Americans would never rip off a fellow American.

In my 18 years experience as a lawyer, I have found that only illegal aliens do this. I have never seen an American citizen pull a scam like this. This is why we should close the borders. Americans would never rip off a fellow American.

Damn you Red, my wife almost had to call 911 because I lost conciousness from laughing so hard ! :angry:;):lol:

Hmmmm, just like prostitution, but you have to know that the person in question, that you are picking up IS an "illegal".
In every job I have had in the past 20 or so years, even as an independant contractor, I have had to show my Social Security card. Not everyone does it, I am sure, but I think it may be required by law.

And honestly, do you really care about air pollution? Because if you did, you'd sell that car, buy a bike, and stop being a hypocrite.

I drive newer cars that conform to rigid pollution laws. Infact did you guys know that most every car newer than 2000 are considered ULTRA LOW EMISSIONS vehicles? But you have to keep them in well running order. So yea, I do my part by driving a newer car and I do my part by keeping them in good running order. No hypocrite here.

• The title was changed to Happy Labor Day!

Archived