Houston In The Soap Rag

In order to share this with you all, I've having to expose myself as an occasional "Days of our Lives" fan (who cares!) Therefore I have this here copy of last week's Soap Opera Digest. There's a feature with soap stars talking about their hometowns. So it's just a soap magazine, but it IS a national publication and it's coming from a genuine Houstonian who knows what she's talking about, not some jerk from NY who's never been here.

I scanned it in two parts:

October320055.jpg

October320053.jpg

Now that's more like it. Too bad it wasn't People or something.

In order to share this with you all, I've having to expose myself as an occasional "Days of our Lives" fan (who cares!) Therefore I have this here copy of last week's Soap Opera Digest. There's a feature with soap stars talking about their hometowns. So it's just a soap magazine, but it IS a national publication and it's coming from a genuine Houstonian who knows what she's talking about, not some jerk from NY who's never been here.

I scanned it in two parts:

October320055.jpg

October320053.jpg

Now that's more like it. Too bad it wasn't People or something.

Kim I'm sorry, the only thing she got right was Howard Hughes and The Hot Spot being downtown. :P;)

Seeing that article reminds me of a quote from another famous Texan, born in Waco:

Steve Martin Movies Quotes

The Jerk Quotes (1979)

"The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity I need! My name in print! That really makes somebody! Things are going to start happening to me now."

Kim I'm sorry, the only thing she got right was Howard Hughes and The Hot Spot being downtown.
You know, I didn't know that about Howard Hughes' grave and I've been to it a couple of times.

Edited: I forgot to add, at least it's positive. It could have been worse. Take what you can get!

Seeing that article reminds me of a quote from another famous Texan, born in Waco:

Steve Martin Movies Quotes

The Jerk Quotes (1979)

"The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity I need! My name in print! That really makes somebody! Things are going to start happening to me now."

If that's the case, she should know she's not getting much exposure to anyone but soap fans and people in the soap industry in that kind of mag. Not that she needs publicity. She's the daughter-in-law of Craig T. Nelson. Yep, she's got connections.

Edited by KimberlySayWhat

You know, I didn't know that about Howard Hughes' grave and I've been to it a couple of times.

Edited: I forgot to add, at least it's positive. It could have been worse. Take what you can get!

If that's the case, she should know she's not getting much exposure to anyone but soap fans and people in the soap industry in that kind of mag. Not that she needs publicity. She's the daughter-in-law of Craig T. Nelson. Yep, she's got connections.

But can she-like-you know? Act? I mean-like-you know-and stuff? Like-you know? :blink:

B)

I believe there are alot of "soap fans" out there, and alot more who claim "not to be" but are. I see that rag at every checkout counter in every grocery store, so they must have something going. As far as the article, it is sweet, any exposure for H-town is good exposure. I'm sure she was going for places that everyone can identify easily. I'm just giving you a hard time. Please don't take anything I write too personally, I'm a lover not a fighter. :wub: