Body Shops

hokieone

Anyone have a good car body repair shop they know of? Have some body repairs to make that I've been putting off for a while and probably will pay for myself to avoid the insurance premium hit. There have to be about 1 million body shops in the city, and have never used one in Houston. Just wanted to know if someone had a decent experience with one (balance of good repairs, not a rip off).

The best bodyshop in town is S & T auto body, in Katy,Tx. Extremely fair, and the work is second to none. They are the ones that restored my car. http://www.clubhotrod.com/photopost/showga...e=&ppuser=14744

Here is some of their handywork.

Are they a production shop or a slow roasted take their time restoration shop? I really can't tell from those pix if they're any good or not. Was there any collision work to be done or was it more like fix some rust, pull some little dents, prep and paint?

Anyone have a good car body repair shop they know of? Have some body repairs to make that I've been putting off for a while and probably will pay for myself to avoid the insurance premium hit. There have to be about 1 million body shops in the city, and have never used one in Houston. Just wanted to know if someone had a decent experience with one (balance of good repairs, not a rip off).

I'm about to have some work done on my truck where I got rearended. I think I'm going to take it to Metropolitan Collision on 16th. My friend has taken his BMW there numerous times, and they do good work (I've seen it, and he and I are both VERY picky). Also, they don't mind doing redos if they don't get it perfect.

I'm about to have some work done on my truck where I got rearended. I think I'm going to take it to Metropolitan Collision on 16th. My friend has taken his BMW there numerous times, and they do good work (I've seen it, and he and I are both VERY picky). Also, they don't mind doing redos if they don't get it perfect.

I might check out Metropolitan just because its a little closer. Do you know if they give free estimates?

I might check out Metropolitan just because its a little closer. Do you know if they give free estimates?

I'm 99% sure they do. They offered to buff the rear bumper on my Audi for free.

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly, I have had horrible luck with body shops in town.

This is a list of who NOT TO GO TO:

1. Chuck Davis/Mike Calvert body shop - I spent over 3 grand there to fix my car but was very dissapointed with the service and quality of repair. They did not line up body pannels well, there was overspray, and I had paid an extra $300 to have a bumper sanded, primed, and repainted. When my car was brought out the bumper had not been touched and I had been charged. They also brought my car to me covered in dust and bird ____. I refused to take delivery of it as it was so they did do the bumper like I had ordered and washed the car. Downtime on it was an additional 4 days.

2. John Eagle Honda/Acura body shop - I had a minor scratch in the paint on a rear door. It was going to cost more than my deductable so I used insurance to fix it. These morons changed the moulding on the door and the mud flap on that side after having repainted the whole lower door and quarter pannel. Overspray was bad. The rest of the car you could see yourself in the clear coat. The part they fixed you could see small wave like layers of paint under the clear coat.

Also when I got the car back there was a big old foot print at the lower end of the inside driver's door. The interior is black so it was very easy to see. They treat your car like a rental there. I guess kicking doors open is okay as long as it is not your car.

3. Sunrise Paint and Body - They do good paint and body work but will do extra stuff that you did not want or authorize. I took my car in for a dent and the repair was perfect. However, they took the liberty of steam cleaning the top of my engine. I was not told they did this at all. Months later I opened the hood and found most of the specification and warning labels in the engine compartment peeling off.

another bad experience - US Auto Connection on W 20th...

this was a while back, but my vehicle was taken there because it was a pro-shop of the insurance company of the guy who hit me.

they did everything wrong...and badly...repeatedly

If you are on the north side of Houston, Showcase Paint and Body in Conroe does excellent work and they have a good attitude. They did a great job on my Miata.

there are quite a few places in Montrose to get a good buff job.

Archived