Mason Park Developments

N Judah

yup.

my only issue is the bathroom breaks mid-show after one of those buckets... but that's my problem.

the best part is the 18+ atmosphere.

star cinema grill opened in clear lake, similar to alamo, but its just not the same. i think the service is the biggest issue, hopefully they'll learn. they also don't have the selection the drafthouse has. that's probably why its called a drafthouse.

hopefully they'll make their way into the loop, these locations are way too far for me to go...

So there's a new shopping center that will go up right by the Christus St. Whatever hospital then? I just think that's such a weird location for an Alamo Drafthouse to go, considering all of the other possibilities, what with all of the building going on in Katy and all that.

So there's a new shopping center that will go up right by the Christus St. Whatever hospital then? I just think that's such a weird location for an Alamo Drafthouse to go, considering all of the other possibilities, what with all of the building going on in Katy and all that.

No sir, that is Fry rd. you are thinking of. This one should be going up by the old Kroger's on Mason.

In chicago when I was at a convention a guy who runs a theatre like Alamo Drafthouse claims they were first and Alamo took their idea. I forgot the name of it. I told him, "Food channel did a special on Alamo Drafthouse being an original "be waited on and eat" theatre why wasn't your theatre presented instead?" and the guy (kinda m mad I asked that question replied, "I don't know")

here it is:

http://www.atriptothemovies.com/

Hollywood Blvd Theatre in Chicago

( I can't find a history on when they got started though)

After juding the two places I say Chicago has the glitz and glamour down...but Alamo Drafthouse looks to have more of the fun!

star cinema grill opened in clear lake, similar to alamo, but its just not the same. i think the service is the biggest issue, hopefully they'll learn. they also don't have the selection the drafthouse has. that's probably why its called a drafthouse.

The service at the West Oaks Alamo Drafthouse leaves something to be desired as well.

On a related note, I thought I saw a sign for an Alamo Draft House coming to an old shopping center on I-45 by FM1960? And is this new Alamo Draft House in Katy going to be an old theater conversion?

The service at the West Oaks Alamo Drafthouse leaves something to be desired as well.

On a related note, I thought I saw a sign for an Alamo Draft House coming to an old shopping center on I-45 by FM1960? And is this new Alamo Draft House in Katy going to be an old theater conversion?

The one in Katy, is gonna have to a new structure, at least ne screens, 531 Mason, does not house an old theater. It is part of a strip mall.

The one in Katy, is gonna have to a new structure, at least ne screens, 531 Mason, does not house an old theater. It is part of a strip mall.

Ummmm, actually, there is an old General Cinemas multi-screen theatre there. As you face the strip center, it's to your left and kind of around the back.

I saw Renee Zellweiger there at a movie once, years ago.

In chicago when I was at a convention a guy who runs a theatre like Alamo Drafthouse claims they were first and Alamo took their idea. I forgot the name of it. I told him, "Food channel did a special on Alamo Drafthouse being an original "be waited on and eat" theatre why wasn't your theatre presented instead?" and the guy (kinda m mad I asked that question replied, "I don't know")

here it is:

http://www.atriptothemovies.com/

Hollywood Blvd Theatre in Chicago

( I can't find a history on when they got started though)

After juding the two places I say Chicago has the glitz and glamour down...but Alamo Drafthouse looks to have more of the fun!

I used to go to a place called, "Cinema and Drafthouse" in the Denver suburb of Aurora, back in the mid-late 80's. It closed for a year or so, then re-opened as "Cinema Grill." As far as I know, it's still doing a very good business. So I know firsthand that these sorts of places have been around for at least a good 20 years.

The design of Cinema Grill is very different from Alamo. Depending upon the particular theatre auditorium, the seating is on two or three platform levels, and the chairs are cushioned swivel chairs, gathered in groups of 2-4 around smallish round cocktail tables. The centralized kitchen opens directly into each theatre auditorium. All in all, it's a very pleasant atmosphere!

BREAKING NEWS ! I said it was by the Kroger's on S.Mason, well it is, but it is also in the Old Theater that closed down when Cinemark came to town. The one next to the Police sub-station. I will be able to walk home instead of drive drunk. SWEET ! :D

• The title was changed to Mason Park Developments

Archived