Frank Billingsly Last Night (tues., Sept. 20)

Did anyone see the extended broadcast of Channel 2 news last night when Frank was taking live phone calls regarding Rita? I'm watching, and I'm as anxious as anyone. Someone calls and as Frank is taking the guy's call (his name was Joshua), Joshua screams at the top of his lungs into the phone and then hangs up. I know it was so inappropriate and immature, but I needed that laugh at that moment. My gosh, I thought it was hysterical! It was probably some 15-year-old. Frank looked so perplexed. I rewound it several times on my DVR.

Did anyone see the extended broadcast of Channel 2 news last night when Frank was taking live phone calls regarding Rita? I'm watching, and I'm as anxious as anyone. Someone calls and as Frank is taking the guy's call (his name was Joshua), Joshua screams at the top of his lungs into the phone and then hangs up. I know it was so inappropriate and immature, but I needed that laugh at that moment. My gosh, I thought it was hysterical! It was probably some 15-year-old. Frank looked so perplexed. I rewound it several times on my DVR.

I though I was the only one who watch that. it was funny :lol:

That's great!

On a realted note, in my younger days, we used to have a blast calling into Telethons.

A number of times we would hit the jackpot and the person on TV would answer our call.

We would say "I see your head on TV right here" and the reactions, looks and laughs we got were priceless.

On a realted note, in my younger days, we used to have a blast calling into Telethons.

A number of times we would hit the jackpot and the person on TV would answer our call.

We would say "I see your head on TV right here" and the reactions, looks and laughs we got were priceless.

I suspect you're Joshua.

Yeah, I think Ol' Frank is gonna take a vacation after this one. For crying out loud, if you live in a mobile home on the seawall in Galveston, Why do you have to ask Frank if he thinks it's a good idea if you should evacuate because you are wading around in 5 feet of storm surge in your double-wide ? I swear people just like to hear themselves on TV and radio.

My favorite question that Frank took - and I say took because it was an email, so he screened it and answered it anyway - was the dude who emailed in and asked "Why don't we just blow up the hurricane with a nuclear bomb?"

I didn't watch it, so please post his answer. It sounds like it would be funny.