Aggie Condos?

pineda

I doubt this project will ever take off. Just another wishful press release IMHO. I remember going to Northgate Live for bad music in the early 90s.

Not questioning if some have the money, just question how smart they are for spending it that way. B/CS is not exactly a tourist destination. It makes Houston look like NYC.

Yeah, theres no telling. Although within the last 5 years the Northgate area has really developed nicely.

Obviously no one vacations in C.S. but property values will go up as more and more people move there. A&M will keep growing and being a true college town, occupancy rates are always high with new students every year. It may be a big reason for parents buying homes there for their kids, and renting it out after they graduate.

But I wouldn't buy one of those condos, I'd rather buy a yacht.

College Station Gameday condominium development approved

By BRETT NAUMAN, Eagle Staff Writer

The College Station City Council approved a land deal Tuesday that will allow construction to begin on a proposed 10-story condominium building in the Northgate area.

The council sold 1.8 acres of land near Wellborn Road and Church Street so Atlanta-based Gameday Centers Southeastern can build a $20 million condominium and retail complex.

The development will include more than 130 condos that will sell for between $140,000 and $750,000, said Kim Foutz, the city

This may take off. If there are any fans in Texas who would buy a condo just to watch a football game -- it's the Aggies. Several of them would probably get together to buy a 750k condo though. Personally, I'd buy one of the cheaper ones. College Station is a nice town, but a 750k condo seems excessive.

I think this is a great development for College Station. First American Bank was also moving its headquarters to a new 10 story bldg to be built in C.S.--but this was before the bank was bought by Citibank recently.

I also saw that the Gateway development on University Drive is supposed to be a "Woodlands Mall-clone". I think there is also a pretty sizeable residential component of that project.

There's a Pappas Burger under construction as well as an NHL-sized ice skating rink.

College Station is easily a bang-for-your-buck town. I am very impressed with this 70,000 person town (probably only 25-30,000 permanent residents, though).

• 11 months later...

Archived