The New New Orleans

"Sure, we should view with skepticism the media reports issued during the immediate aftermath of Katrina. My point is, we should also remain skeptical about those who attempt to dismiss these reports wholesale. The vague, ambiguous, poorly referenced articles you cited are no more credible than that which was reported several weeks ago."

I don't blame your skepticism. In fact, I agree with it, especially in light of the fact that it is the same agency, AP, reporting both contradictory stories.

However suspect the date of the last previous murder, with the number of troops and police in NO for the last 2 and a half months, I suspect that the city has gone awhile without a homicide.

If there were still murders being committed bigtex, you know it would be HEADLINE news on all 3 biased networks, and you know this. I don't even know when the last time I saw a "Katrina Story" focused on N.O. good or bad,on the nightly news. I just recalled the last story I saw, it was about a guy and his wife that had paid a butt-load of money to move a historic house a long way through the streets of New Orleans, and after the storm, he had gone back to find that the whole thing had been destroyed. The streets were deserted, I didn;t even see any National Guard walking around on the videos they showed.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived