Why?

Jeebus

Katrina has really brought the hate out. Everyone blames the government at some level, yet somehow it all comes back to how this is because the victims of Katrina are predominantly black.

Take for instance the whole "looting" versus "finding". Are people so unintelligent that they couldn't spend five minutes on the internet just to realize that the photos were taken at a different time, at a different place, by a different photographer, and then published in a different paper?

What about Kayne West? Did his speech improve ANY aspect of this event at all? How do we know that at the moment he finished his speech, thousands of people didn't hang-up their phones without donating, and thousands more never picked up the phone to call.

Jesse Jackson did what for the evacuees at the I-10 staging ground? Did he bring them water? Did he arrange transport? Did he bring medicine? So then why did we allow him stoke the ever smoldering but almost extinguished fire, also known as racism?

Does Lisa Ling REALLY believe in her "heart of hearts" that white people would have been rescued sooner? Do you all really believe that?

The city was 67% black. The poorest 30% of city was black. Doesn't it make sense that all you're going to see on the news are the black victims?

It makes my brain bleed to hear people say that if it were any other people than black people, this event would have unfolded differently.

Why were the evacuees at the Superdome, Convention Center, and I-10 yelling at the cameras for the goverment to help them? BECAUSE THE CAMERAS WERE THERE. If there were no cameras, they would have sat and patiently waited. Instead they were teased day after day, first by the news media, and then worse by celebrities.

There might not be a point to this rant, except maybe the failed hope that my America would not be influenced by television media as it has these last 2 weeks.

I'm embarrassed not at our government's slow repsonse to this disaster. I'm embarrassed that we as a society have somehow found the time to start a verbal race war in the midst of this event.

Why does black have to equal poor?

Why does white have to equal rich?

Why does black have to equal democrat?

Why does white have to equal republican?

Katrina has really brought the hate out. Everyone blames the government at some level, yet somehow it all comes back to how this is because the victims of Katrina are predominantly black.

Take for instance the whole "looting" versus "finding". Are people so unintelligent that they couldn't spend five minutes on the internet just to realize that the photos were taken at a different time, at a different place, by a different photographer, and then published in a different paper?

What about Kayne West? Did his speech improve ANY aspect of this event at all? How do we know that at the moment he finished his speech, thousands of people didn't hang-up their phones without donating, and thousands more never picked up the phone to call.

Jesse Jackson did what for the evacuees at the I-10 staging ground? Did he bring them water? Did he arrange transport? Did he bring medicine? So then why did we allow him stoke the ever smoldering but almost extinguished fire, also known as racism?

Does Lisa Ling REALLY believe in her "heart of hearts" that white people would have been rescued sooner? Do you all really believe that?

The city was 67% black. The poorest 30% of city was black. Doesn't it make sense that all you're going to see on the news are the black victims?

It makes my brain bleed to hear people say that if it were any other people than black people, this event would have unfolded differently.

Why were the evacuees at the Superdome, Convention Center, and I-10 yelling at the cameras for the goverment to help them? BECAUSE THE CAMERAS WERE THERE. If there were no cameras, they would have sat and patiently waited. Instead they were teased day after day, first by the news media, and then worse by celebrities.

There might not be a point to this rant, except maybe the failed hope that my America would not be influenced by television media as it has these last 2 weeks.

I'm embarrassed not at our government's slow repsonse to this disaster. I'm embarrassed that we as a society have somehow found the time to start a verbal race war in the midst of this event.

Thanks America, I guess I really owe you one.  <_<

Brent

A lot of things went wrong with the aftermath of this hurricane. But the way Houston has responded makes one proud to be a Houstonion. Maybe the rest of the country will see the way things get done here and learn something.

A lot of things went wrong with the aftermath of this hurricane. But the way Houston has responded makes one proud to be a Houstonion. Maybe the rest of the country will see the way things get done here and learn something.

I agree. But even that ray of sunshine was short lived. It only took four days before articles were written about Houston "profitting" and "capitalizing" off of our sister-city to the east.

I'm proud of not only Houston but: Austin.. San Antonio.. Dallas.. Beaumont.. Lake Charles.. Shreveport.. Lafayette.. Baton Rouge.. and every single small town inbetween.

I agree. But even that ray of sunshine was short lived. It only took four days before articles were written about Houston "profitting" and "capitalizing" off of our sister-city to the east.

I'm proud of not only Houston but: Austin.. San Antonio.. Dallas.. Beaumont.. Lake Charles.. Shreveport.. Lafayette.. Baton Rouge..  and every single small town inbetween.

And Plano! :(

Archived