Leila, 2, TX

1850 Census record:

Columbia, Brazoria Co., TX

J. D. Nash, 32, merchant, NY

Columbria, Brazoria Co., TX

Ann E. Manadue, 22, Farmer, LA

Harriet, 3, TX

Leila, 2, TX

I think that William Nash's father Ed Nash or J. Nash was related to another Columbia merchant, George Lewis Nash. both the G. L. Nash and Ed Nash had members of the Adriance family living with them in 1850. Here is mention of the George Lewis Nash house:

Marker Title: The Nash-Wright House

County: Brazoria

City: East Columbia

Marker Location: Duval St., 1 block from SH 35

Marker Text:

One of oldest houses surviving in Stephen F. Austin colony town of Bell's Landing (East Columbia). Founded 1823 by Josiah H. Bell. Earliest part of this house was built about 1847 on cedar pole framing by George Lewis Nash, who lived here with his family for about 45 years. House was bought 1892 by Martha Caroline Wright, wife of merchant James P. Wright. The Wrights added extensive area. Their descendants own and preserve the property. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark -1973.

P85-120-0003.jpg

1850 Census record:

Columbia, Brazoria Co., TX

J. D. Nash, 32, merchant, NY

Columbria, Brazoria Co., TX

Ann E. Manadue, 22, Farmer, LA

Harriet, 3, TX

Leila, 2, TX

I think that William Nash's father Ed Nash or J. Nash was related to another Columbia merchant, George Lewis Nash. both the G. L. Nash and Ed Nash had members of the Adriance family living with them in 1850. Here is mention of the George Lewis Nash house:

Marker Title: The Nash-Wright House

County: Brazoria

City: East Columbia

Marker Location: Duval St., 1 block from SH 35

Marker Text:

One of oldest houses surviving in Stephen F. Austin colony town of Bell's Landing (East Columbia). Founded 1823 by Josiah H. Bell. Earliest part of this house was built about 1847 on cedar pole framing by George Lewis Nash, who lived here with his family for about 45 years. House was bought 1892 by Martha Caroline Wright, wife of merchant James P. Wright. The Wrights added extensive area. Their descendants own and preserve the property. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark -1973.

P85-120-0003.jpg

William Rufus Nash was born 21 Apr 1860 died 11 Mar 1930, buried in Columbia Cem., West Columbia

Ina Young Nash was born 10 Dec 1865, died 21 Mar 1933, buried in Columbia Cem., West Columbia

Frank Brown Weeks, was born 10 Nov 1860 and died 28 Mar 1936, buried in Columbia Cem., West Columbia

Dora Young Weeks, died 24 Jul 1946, buried in Columbia Cem., West Columbia

That about does it for the Nash's

Ina Young Nash's mother was Ann E. Compton. She was first married to Warren H. Madadue, on 28 Sep 1844 in Brazoria Co. TX. Warren died in early 1850, probate filed 9 Mar 1850. She had a daughter Leila Manadue. She then married Overton Young sometime before 1860.

Leila Manadue, step-sister of Ina, married George E. Vallade in Harris Co. on 28 Sep 1871

Do you all give up or do you want more?

Do you all give up or do you want more?

:lol:

I am somewhat hesitant to post this, but I asked the question half-jokingly, not expecting anyone to reply (ducks behind brick wall quickly). :unsure:

I have the three references from Creighton's Narrative History of Brazoria Co. but I presume you already have them since you know so much about this family. Must be one of your lines? I spent 15 years working on mine but didn't have much to do in Brazoria Co.

The Nash's were well connected; I suppose you don't get the former governor of Texas coming around to rent your place by placing an ad in the Greensheet.

Were the Wright's the ones who owned the Chevy-Olds dealerships in West Columbia, Freeport and Angleton? If so, my dad bought several Olds from them.

Thanks for all the info.

:lol:

I am somewhat hesitant to post this, but I asked the question half-jokingly, not expecting anyone to reply (ducks behind brick wall quickly). :unsure:

I have the three references from Creighton's Narrative History of Brazoria Co. but I presume you already have them since you know so much about this family. Must be one of your lines? I spent 15 years working on mine but didn't have much to do in Brazoria Co.

The Nash's were well connected; I suppose you don't get the former governor of Texas coming around to rent your place by placing an ad in the Greensheet.

Were the Wright's the ones who owned the Chevy-Olds dealerships in West Columbia, Freeport and Angleton? If so, my dad bought several Olds from them.

Thanks for all the info.

Sorry, I really do not know mauch about the Nashs or Brazoria county. Genealogy is a hobby of mine. I was following the thread and decided to see what I could dig up over the coarse of a couple of hours. It was rather interesting.

• 1 month later...

Archived