Stupid Things People Say/ask

nmainguy

Actually.. I quoted what I thought was slanderous. You were both too quick to assume that I was talking about Barbara, when I clearly quoted the writer's passage concerning his obvious opinion of George H. Bush.

The writer assuming that George H. Bush is the ultimate person to blame for the United States current state of affairs is both presumptuous and slanderous:

Internet Definition of the word  "slander"

Liberals are often too quick to defend what they think is right, before allowing what was said to sink in.*

*Notice I didn't say: Democrats, gays, Catholics, "Redscare" or "NMainguy" - I only said "Liberals". :)

Nice try, Jeebus. This Liberal has nothing to defend. I don't know whether the statement re: 41 is true or not. Got any facts there, bud? One way or the other?

B)

Oops. You're right. I never saw the quote at the bottom of your post. In fact, I had to reread it twice to see the quote. That sentence was not necessarily slanderous...but, I don't know what the hell it means, either. :blink:

I've noticed all sides have a tendency to defend without hearing what the other side said, not just liberals. Read some of the posts from the last few days for a taste of that.

Here's another incredibly stupid-not to mention insensitive-quote from Bush:

From Andrew Sullivan:

"'The good news is - and it's hard for some to see it now - that out of this chaos is going to come a fantastic Gulf Coast, like it was before. Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house -- he's lost his entire house - there's going to be a fantastic house. And I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch.' (Laughter)." - president George W. Bush, today.

Just think of that quote for a minute; and the laughter that followed. The poor and the black are dying, dead, drowned and desperate in New Orleans and elsewhere. But the president manages to talk about the future "fantastic" porch of a rich, powerful white man who only recently resigned his position because he regretted the failure of Strom Thurmond to hold back the tide of racial desegregation.

Well, I thought it was insensitive...but that's just me.

B)

Well, I guess its all in contextual interpretation. Bush never actually said something along the lines of: "I'm glad the storm ruined everything for everyone, allowing those with insurance to build beautiful new homes with nice porches.."

Bush didn't say that. Nore did he mention black or poor people. He made a positive statement that the Gulf Coast region will again bloom and prosper. However, this is not what certain people hear when they have a pre-determined conclusion drawn about the subject. Was Bush laughing because somehow his allegded racist friend will get to build a beautiful new home in the face of the people he allegedly hates?

No.. He was not.

(He was probably laughing because he's 2% retarded and didn't realize that he was indeed laughing. But of course that could be considered insensitive and insulting to 2% (or greater) retarded people. Well - I guess calling them retarded could be called insensitive too. Hmp.. Go figure.)

Well, I guess its all in contextual interpretation. Bush never actually said something along the lines of: "I'm glad the storm ruined everything for everyone, allowing those with insurance to build beautiful new homes with nice porches.."

Bush didn't say that. Nore did he mention black or poor people. He made a positive statement that the Gulf Coast region will again bloom and prosper. However, this is not what certain people hear when they have a pre-determined conclusion drawn about the subject. Was Bush laughing because somehow his allegded racist friend will get to build a beautiful new home in the face of the people he allegedly hates?

No.. He was not.

(He was probably laughing because he's 2% retarded and didn't realize that he was indeed laughing. But of course that could be considered insensitive and insulting to 2% (or greater) retarded people. Well - I guess calling them retarded could be called insensitive too. Hmp.. Go figure.)

Naaaa...he's just clueless, as usual.

B)

...Houston Chronicle blogger who had watched House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (Tex.) tour the Astrodome, where children evacuated from New Orleans were playing. The blog reported that DeLay "likened their stay to being at camp and asked, 'Now, tell me the truth, boys, is this kind of fun?' " The blogger said the youngsters "nodded yes, but looked perplexed." :blink:

B)

Archived