Raising Cane Grand Opening On Westheimer Rd.

I posted a review of Raisin' Canes several months ago, basically recanting my original comments in this thread.

I really love their chicken strips, but their coleslaw is hands-down the best I have ever had. Texas toast is hard to beat. We love it.

The Raisin' Canes in Louisiana do very well.

edited to add: http://www.b4-u-eat.com/houston/restaurant...ews/rsv3754.asp

Looks like people either love it, or hate it. Personally, I love it!

I can not believe it but Raising Canes is building a new location at Westheimer and Hillcroct. The Old Pizzeria Uno / Kim Som building was torn down about a month ago. Today on my way in I saw a sign for a new Raising Canes. I am amazed.

I guess their location further West is doing pretty well.

• 5 months later...

Food isn't bad but here it my personal critique.

1. Chicken tastes the same as Mcdonalds more expensive chicken strips

2. Fries are like the froze crinkle fries you buy in the freezer

3. Texas Toast was VERY yummy!

4. What's in the "Raising Cane" sauce?

5. For about $5.29 the price isn't too bad but personally I'd stick to Chik Fil A. I like their chicken better. I somehow can't see how this place can stay open on Westheimer with just a "chicken strip" resturant when the next block over is "Chik Fil A"

Who knows this place might make it. But I keep thinking its going to be like that Italian Fast Food resturant that opened up next to Krispy Kreme Long ago. The resturant was open for maybe 6 months and closed down. It was a great idea to start with but it depends on how well they sell.

Also I think "Raising Cane" is testing the waters. It may be great he's selling well in Louisana but Texas is a whole another territory.

[/quote jaz]

I think that they will do just as well as they have been doing in the other states like MS, GA, NV, and LA. They go through great effort to make it a nice place you can bring family and friends to. The employees are always nice. The main thing that sets them apart from other "fast food" establishments is the environment. They make sure all employees are friendly and upbeat at all times, and their properties are always clean and nice-looking.

from what i know they have a big following. when i used to live out that way, they were a weekly stop for me. their chicken is fresh (not frozen) and the sauce is kinda neat. i am not big on fries to start with, so cannot really comment or even evaluate fries (most of the time they all taste the same to me).

i wish they'd open one out here on fm 1960.

The food is good, but seriously, what reason do i have to go back? There is zero variety. How many days can i eat chicken strips? Perhaps if they had a soft serve machine..... I'll eat garbage can quality chinese buffet if they have a soft serve machine on the premises.

I need variety! And softserve!

Oh, and regarding Fazoli's, the italian fast food place that used to be on westheimer, i LOVED it. Cheap. When im in Katy area visiting family and fighting traffic i always stop by the location on Fry rd.

you ever check out china bear on i45 near richey road?

China Bear on 45 is in my TOP 5. Simply for the strawberry soft serve, i don't care if they serve me roadkill on the buffet, as long as i have some of that delicious creamy soft serve to wash it down with....

I thought i heard of them opening another raising cane's, forgot where though....perhaps it is in this thread..

• 4 weeks later...

The City of Shenandoah Convention and Visitors Bureau gave a Red Carpet Welcome to Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers Restaurant recently.

City Administrator Chip VanSteenberg, Greg Butler, and Brian Laborde of the Public Works department attended the ceremonies. Also in attendance were Raising Cane's CEO and Founder Todd Graves, General Manager Roy Arismendez, and Marketing Field Representative Jennifer Stephenson.

full story

i took the kid to the drive-thru recently. we thought the menu looked a little boring. the drive-thru girl must have heard us complaining before we left and gave us the finger as we drove past her window. great attitude.

• 2 weeks later...
The City of Shenandoah Convention and Visitors Bureau gave a Red Carpet Welcome to Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers Restaurant recently.

City Administrator Chip VanSteenberg, Greg Butler, and Brian Laborde of the Public Works department attended the ceremonies. Also in attendance were Raising Cane's CEO and Founder Todd Graves, General Manager Roy Arismendez, and Marketing Field Representative Jennifer Stephenson.

full story

i took the kid to the drive-thru recently. we thought the menu looked a little boring. the drive-thru girl must have heard us complaining before we left and gave us the finger as we drove past her window. great attitude.

So when is Pamela Anderson going to start protesting against them too, don't they use a lot of chicken, likely coming from the same source? :unsure:

• 4 months later...

Wow ... they get such a bad rap and I honestly don't know why. I thought their food (when I lived out on Westheimer) was no better or worse than the rest of the crap that gets served as fast food. Actually, thought they were pretty decent, compared.

Wow ... they get such a bad rap and I honestly don't know why. I thought their food (when I lived out on Westheimer) was no better or worse than the rest of the crap that gets served as fast food. Actually, thought they were pretty decent, compared.

They are more expensive than Mcdonalds across the street and no better than they are. In fact, the Mcdonalds strips at least have FLAVOR and you can get your choice of several sauces. Mcdonalds fries are even better. But Mickey-D's doesn't have Texas toast.

Canes works in small college towns where NOTHING ELSE is open after midnight on a weekend....I've lived in Ruston, Louisiana and Canes does great business because there's nothing to compete with it and it stays open until 3 a.m. on weekends..

My boss hates the place as he complains about the lack of seasoning in the chicken..

it's decent but not enough to wrote home about....very basic menu with nothing but chicken and they always ask if you want anything else after an order....uh...only thing you serve is chicken

• The title was changed to Raising Cane Grand Opening On Westheimer Rd.

Archived