Where Is Houston's Channel 7?

Purpledevil

KDHU-LD is the call for Houston's very own Channel 7, which filed for its license to cover way back in December 2010.

But where is it? There is NO channel 7 in Houston over the air, or digital. Is this a ghost? Has anyone ever witnessed KDHU-LD available for viewing on your set? There is a granted CP on file to increase the power of KDHU-LD to 3kW, but I don't believe that it has ever come to light with its currently licensed 0.3kW. Any OTA confirmation of KDHU-LD 7 would be most appreciated.

http://fccdata.org/?facid=167020

Purple, this station is actually on the air. Over a year ago I called up the Daystar engineer, who confirmed it was broadcasting at reduced power.  He wouldn't say what, but said it was less than the authorized 300 watts.  So I drove over to the tower site with my little 7 inch portable TV.  A scan found KDHU, but it was still hard to get -- antenna had to be just right or it would pixel out.  So it was simply a broadcast to say they were on the air to hold the frequency and license; they weren't attempting to cover anything with it.

That is correct. Licensed as KAHO-LD Aldine on channel 4. It tested at reduced power from its north side tower briefly, then returned to dark. From Joe's past statements, KAHO will eventually become "Joe FM". Not sure when that will occur.

• 2 weeks later...
On Wednesday, March 09, 2016 at 9:33 PM, ArchMemoH said:

actually kdhu is on channel 50

Actually, it's not. It may map to 50 virtually, but it operates on RF channel 7. According to FCC files, it left channel 50 in the transition to digital in 2009.

I must be corrected on my response to Blue Dogs, though. After more research, KDHU-LD is not a repeater of KLTJ-DT. Instead, it carries the national Daystar feed. 

Archived