Tropical Storm Ivan - 2004

Based on my experience with Allison...I'm pretty darn fearful of this Ivan fiasco headed our way. I understand that if the storm hits just east of us that we could be in for less rainfall than if it hits around Galveston.

Regardless, given the poor drainage in midtown, i'm fearful of a flooded home again. Tonight will be stressful.

Trust me parts of midtown will be fine in the event of another Allison. Having lived in midtown during Allsion, we did quite well. I lived near the corner of Louisana and McGowen just after the street reconstruction.

The drainage system worked wonderfully. The East side of midtown is another story. Several of my friends townhomes got flooded. Tuam/Anita area.

Western midtown seems to be just higher than Buffalo bayou and water drains that way.

This storm is not projected to linger like Allison did.

Trust me parts of midtown will be fine in the event of another Allison.  Having lived in midtown during Allsion, we did quite well.  I lived near the corner of Louisana and McGowen just after the street reconstruction. 

The drainage system worked wonderfully.  The East side of midtown is another story.  Several of my friends townhomes got flooded.  Tuam/Anita area.

Western midtown seems to be just higher than Buffalo bayou and water drains that way.

This storm is not projected to linger like Allison did.

I'm in that east side...exactly at the Tuam/Anita area...my worries have more to do with the lack of drainage infrastructure.k..

As Ihave stated previously, allison was a wierd event. We got hit TWICE by that storm after it decided Dallas wasn't a decent place.

We also got pummeled w/ about 35"..this one is expected to ONLY put down about 15".

Should be interesting to see. This time I WILL stay home during the storm and watch it from my window. :)

Ricco

Got flooded also during Allison, 40K of dammage after everything was counted, including flood damage to our 2 cars just sitting in our driveway. That sucked. We only got about a foot of water in the house, but thats all you need to ruin everything. I live by Hobby airport off of Edgebrook. I think we might be ok on this one though, at least thats what I like to tell myself!

Good luck everyone! See ya on the other side....

• The title was changed to Tropical Storm Ivan - 2004