Extension Of San Jacinto St.

Triton

5 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Yes, but there seem to be two amendment requests:  (1) Delete the section of Major Thoroughfare designation of Fulton/San Jacinto from I-10 to Burnett  and (2) Reclassify that same segment to "Major Collector".

Either way, they sound opposed to this San Jacinto/Fulton connection.

11 hours ago, Triton said:

Either way, they sound opposed to this San Jacinto/Fulton connection.

TIRZ 21 does indeed.  I certainly see their point regarding it being designated a major thoroughfare. That doesn't really seem to make sense any more for the entire length.  Seemed odd they only requested the change for the short, mostly nonexistent stretch in Hardy Yards, rather than asking for it to be re-designated all the way to the Loop.

The good news I found:  TIRZ 21 apparently has plans to build s small park/green space at the south end of Hardy Yards (roughly) and provide for pedestrian/bike connectivity across the railroad tracks and into downtown.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

TIRZ 21 does indeed.  I certainly see their point regarding it being designated a major thoroughfare. That doesn't really seem to make sense any more for the entire length.  Seemed odd they only requested the change for the short, mostly nonexistent stretch in Hardy Yards, rather than asking for it to be re-designated all the way to the Loop.

The good news I found:  TIRZ 21 apparently has plans to build s small park/green space at the south end of Hardy Yards (roughly) and provide for pedestrian/bike connectivity across the railroad tracks and into downtown.

That's great! Yea, there needs to be some sort of connectivity here. 

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Extension Of San Jacinto St.
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
12 hours ago, jessicau said:

Does anyone know if this affects houses on Fulton?

No, they changed what the proposed width dimensions were from a Principal Thoroughfare to a Thoroughfare. I wanna say from 80' to 60'.

I attended the meeting when they talked about it. There was a whole lot of opposition from the neighbors in the area. I posted the plans on HAIF somewhere, I'll look around and see if I can find them.

Edited by hindesky