Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • The title was changed to 1200 Binz: Medical Office Building For Museum District
  • 1 year later...

Details about 1200 Binz from a leasing listing. The medical office building is located in the Museum District.


1200 Binz is an ideally positioned medical office building... Connected to the HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center via a skybridge, 1200 Binz offers top-of-the-line suites with a synergistic tenant roster including UT Physicians, Diagnostic Clinic of Houston, Quest Diagnostics, and Picture Perfect Imaging Center. 1200 Binz sits across Hermann Park from the Texas Medical Center, the largest medical center globally with a network of over 50 hospitals, research institutions, and clinics, employing more than 100,000 people and admitting more than 6 million patients a year. Tenants will enjoy ground-floor restaurants, including Fia's Pizzeria and Bodega's Taco Shop, plus an ideal location in the heart of the Museum District. 1200 Binz is steps to 19 museums, popular shops and restaurants, Hermann Park with the Houston Zoo, and Rice University, a renowned research institution. 


https://www.cbre.com/properties/properties-for-lease/medical/details/US-SMPL-89197/1200-binz-1200-binz-street-houston-tx-77004

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A plan review from December indicates one of the ground floor units at 1200 Binz will undergo renovations.

According to the plan review, suite 120, a 6,478 sf unit, will be converted into a restaurant. It's next door to Fia's Pizzeria. Listed on the permit is the possible name of the restaurant: Granger's or Granger.

It appears Granger's or Granger is a new dining concept from HTX Restaurant Group. Other restaurants included in HTX Restaurant Group's portfolio are The Park Grill, Bodegas Taco Shop (1200 Binz, Suite 160), and Fia's Pizzeria (1200 Binz St, Suite 130).
 

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

A plan review from December indicates one of the ground floor units at 1200 Binz will undergo renovations.

According to the plan review, suite 120, a 6,478 sf unit, will be converted into a restaurant. It's next door to Fia's Pizzeria. Listed on the permit is the possible name of the restaurant: Granger's or Granger.

It appears Granger's or Granger is a new dining concept from HTX Restaurant Group. Other restaurants included in HTX Restaurant Group's portfolio are The Park Grill, Bodegas Taco Shop (1200 Binz, Suite 160), and Fia's Pizzeria (1200 Binz St, Suite 130).
 



Below are additional details pertaining to renovations for 1200 Binz St, Suite 120.  The unit will be converted into a restaurant, likely named Granger's. 

Granger's may be an elevated bar & grill concept from the HTX Restaurant Group.

The below details are from a Facebook group post.


Build-out of new restaurant (occ. Type a-2) former medical imaging office space (occ. Type b) in ground level of high-rise medical office building & attached multilevel parking structure in the Texas Medical Center/Museum District. 



Additionally, there is an Instagram for Granger's:

https://www.instagram.com/grangershouston



A domain for Granger's was also registered:

http://grangershouston.com
 

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You would think there would be more retail and food in the blocks that surround the park, if the parks are slow, you got the burgeoning neighborhood and the med center to support what you're doing. Its funny that the Bodega Group (its what I call them) is cornering the market on this. I think its the right idea.

As for the restaurant, you can already see some of those elements in their other restaurants as they slowly expanded the patio and increased the lighting. This will be the proof of concept/litmus test since this doesn't look so much to attract the random park/zoo goer and moreso the individual who already has this place in their plans when they are coming to the area or live in the area. If this works, I can see other retail/food utilizing the spaces in that building and around the area. Imagine if the museum district stop had actual open and inviting stores once you get off the train 👀

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's been slowly but steadily improving.  In addition to the two restaurants in the MFA-H, and the soon-to-be 4 restaurants of the HTX Group (Bodega's, The Park Grill, Fia's and The Granger), we also have MF Sushi, Barnaby's, City Cellars HTX, Lucille's, Monarch, Java Lava, Fadi's, Ginger Kale, plus the eateries within the Zoo.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to 1200 Binz: Medical Office Building At 1200 Binz St.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With all of the growth and density in the neighborhood, it makes sense to start adding more restaurants. The only problem I see with that site is egress. I pass by their twice a day and its always a pain with the rail and the cars trying to enter the valet drop off at the medical arts building. They often block Binz awaiting pick up. Hopefully this is on the Caroline side of the building and not on the Binz side.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

"A veteran restaurateur is stepping things up for his next project. Granger’s represents a new, more elevated direction for Ryan Granger.

Named in honor of his father who passed away in 2015, Granger’s will join his two existing restaurants — Bodegas Taco Shop and Fia’s Pizzeria — which are located at 1200 Binz St. in the heart of the Museum District. Where Bodegas and Fia’s offer counter service and casual dishes such as pizza, tacos, and wings, Granger’s will be a full-service restaurant with a more elevated menu built around classic American fare."

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/grangers-restaurant-museum-district-1/

wLOAup0.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2023 at 5:51 PM, bobruss said:

With all of the growth and density in the neighborhood, it makes sense to start adding more restaurants. The only problem I see with that site is egress. I pass by their twice a day and its always a pain with the rail and the cars trying to enter the valet drop off at the medical arts building. They often block Binz awaiting pick up. Hopefully this is on the Caroline side of the building and not on the Binz side.

It is on the Caroline side of the building.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hindesky said:

"A veteran restaurateur is stepping things up for his next project. Granger’s represents a new, more elevated direction for Ryan Granger.

Named in honor of his father who passed away in 2015, Granger’s will join his two existing restaurants — Bodegas Taco Shop and Fia’s Pizzeria — which are located at 1200 Binz St. in the heart of the Museum District. Where Bodegas and Fia’s offer counter service and casual dishes such as pizza, tacos, and wings, Granger’s will be a full-service restaurant with a more elevated menu built around classic American fare."

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/grangers-restaurant-museum-district-1/

wLOAup0.png



Is it really an exclusive when news of Granger's opening at 1200 Binz was shared here back in April? Or when there was plan review fee permit filed for this late last year? Granted, CultureMap's article provides in-depth details about the restaurant from the owner while none of the other news outlets have reported this. So, it would be classified as an exclusive from, but still...

The author is known to peruse the building permit database, just like many of us here. He's also known to visit HAIF in the past and  probably does still. He likely saw this posted here or in the permit database earlier this year.

Even if the author didn't, it's not surprising he would frame it as if it is his own discovery or exclusive. He often frames things that way to undercut others or the online communities he visits to source information. He'll report news of something opening or coming soon that has been established elsewhere. Instead of attributing earlier mentions elsewhere noting the same (often with proof), he'll report them as rumors being confirmed or previous speculations. Several people have called him out on this like Eater Houston's previous editors and Houston Chronicle's food critic because he did the same to them.

But getting back on topic, glad to read news about this and also learn of additional details from the owner. Disappointing other news outlets didn't report this since I informed most of them about this months ago (with the exception of CultureMap). 

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...