Houston HOV Lanes

After living several years in Atascocita, I got to where I despised the continuous left turn lane on a heavily developed thoroughfare with a high speed limit.  (FM 1960 in this case.)

When there are a large number of businesses on both sides, this could be a "life flashing before your eyes experience" to go from traveling 50-60 in the main lane and then rapdily decelerating into the continuous left turn lane, while praying that your neighbor coming at you is not wanting to do the same.

FM 1960 definitely has some opportunities for access management solutions.

Here's one more that could some help with access management;

When exiting I-45 North at Spring Stuebner West, the exit either goes straight along the frontage road and parallels I-45, or does some wild loop to the right to connect with Spring Stuebner. While on this wild looping turn, you need to merge with traffic coming from behind you. But, here's what TxDOT did; they made it so the people on the looping turn have a stop sign (!) which always catches people unawares that are always travelling at a pretty high rate of speed since they just exited the freeway, and the people along the one lane service road going 30 mph have no stop sign (!) They have created a nightmare, all in the name of helping out with the traffic. Really stinks!

• The title was changed to Houston HOV Lanes