Swift & Company Redevelopment At 621 Waverly St.

Urbannizer

Dubbed the Swift Building, the project will include more than 60,000 square feet of renovated space for retail, small offices and up to six restaurants – all with patios overlooking the popular hike-and-bike trail. As they did at M-K-T, the developers plan to revamp the green space between their property and the trail, adding fresh landscaping and pathways inviting pedestrians into the project.

Construction is expected to begin at the end of 2024 and wrap in 2025, with restaurants likely moving in 2026.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/swift-building-redevelopment-heights-houston-19408803.php

qPmNwA2.png

OBt8VXD.png

Fwh65uj.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The parking reduction is a much better compromise than I thought we were going to get. While I still think having the fire lane and any parking between the patios and the trail will create a lesser ambiance than the trailside of MKT (the patios won't be a natural extension of the trail like they are at MKT), I'm content with this compromise.

• Like 3

On 4/26/2024 at 6:01 PM, texan said:

The parking reduction is a much better compromise than I thought we were going to get. While I still think having the fire lane and any parking between the patios and the trail will create a lesser ambiance than the trailside of MKT (the patios won't be a natural extension of the trail like they are at MKT), I'm content with this compromise.

Where do you see this? The first picture in @hindesky recent post shows a parking lot between MKT Trail and the new development

Edited by htxcitizen77008

44 minutes ago, htxcitizen77008 said:

Where do you see this? The first picture in @hindesky recent post shows a parking lot between MKT Trail and the new development

Go to the Thursday post from @springcityparts.   You almost have to squint to make it out but it does look like some parking spaces were removed.   The parking lot is still there however. 

On 4/25/2024 at 2:12 PM, springcityparts said:

The newest renderings on www.theswiftbldg.com show about 90 fewer parking spots fronting the trail

I meant to make a post about the website, latest marketing materials, and Instagram account for The Swift Bldg last month. Obviously, it kept slipping my mind.

I think Triten Real Estate Partners and Radom Capital launched the website in February. My guess is based on the month the Instagram account was created. There is also a Google listing for The Swift Bldg. It wasn't there in February or early March. It was created around mid-March with the linked website. 

When I followed The Swift Bldg's Instagram account around mid-to-late March, there were only about 10 followers. The number remained the same until Thursday. I assume someone in the Houston Heights Foodies group saw your post here last week, and posted it to that group. Then the number of followers swelled.

Anyway, to be clear, the renderings are not new. They're the same ones from the previous leasing materials for the office portion. There are however, more detailed site plans pertaining to the food and beverage portion, since the site uploaded  a brochure to it. In the site plan are updated changes to the parking along the trail.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 5:24 PM, hindesky said:

Dubbed the Swift Building, the project will include more than 60,000 square feet of renovated space for retail, small offices and up to six restaurants – all with patios overlooking the popular hike-and-bike trail. As they did at M-K-T, the developers plan to revamp the green space between their property and the trail, adding fresh landscaping and pathways inviting pedestrians into the project.

Construction is expected to begin at the end of 2024 and wrap in 2025, with restaurants likely moving in 2026.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/swift-building-redevelopment-heights-houston-19408803.php

The renderings are the same ones posted on the first page.

Glad to see Houston Chronicle finally reporting this, but why didn't the reporter write about this sooner?

My guess is the reporter or one of her colleagues saw this in the Houston Heights Foodies group. Since it received over 300 likes or reactions, someone decided it was worth writing about. Or because it was brought to the attention of so many last week, Triten Real Estate Partners and Radom Capital finally decided to respond to reporters' inquiries about this project.

Regardless, there's still nothing from Houston Chronicle about the future Terry Black's Barbecue site in the Heights. Not even anything about the restaurant's hospitality group acquiring the properties and razing the site. In comparison, the Chronicle's sister publications and its competitors have reported on nearly every stage leading up to Terry Black's opening (from property acquisition to opening day.)

I'm fairly certain the person covering real estate for Houston Chronicle visits this forum. So, it's beyond baffling she doesn't do a better job of covering property acquisitions, new developments, and other related news as it pertains to Houston.

On 3/18/2024 at 4:47 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Details from the brochure linked above:

• New Meets Old

• A 1909 refinery reimagined into a modern, light-filled creative campus

• 35,000 sf of Class A boutique space designed by the acclaimed Michael Hsu Office of Architecture

• Over 700 linear feet of frontage on the Heights Hike & Bike Trail in the heart of the Houston Heights 

• Over 330 parking spaces available

• On-site restaurants and walking path to the M-K-T mixed-use project (600 N Shepherd Dr)

• Multiple green spaces and patios throughout

• Delivery 3rd Quarter 2025

Additional details about The Swift Bldg from the retail brochure:

• A 1909 historic gem reimagined as a chef-driven restaurant and creative office hub

• 25,000 sf of restaurant and bar space designed by the acclaimed Michael Hsu Office of Architecture

• Part of the thriving Heights neighborhood F&B scene

• Over 700 linear feet of frontage to the MKT Hike & Bike Trail

• Over 330 parking spaces available

• Connected by walking path to the M-K-T, a mixed-use property with 230,000 sf of retail and office

• Multiple green spaces and patios throughout

• Delivering shell spaces in late 2024

Details pertaining to the food and beverage spaces at The Swift Bldg:

• 1 rooftop cocktail garden

• 5 ground-floor restaurants

• All restaurant spaces have patios adjacent

• Shared on-site grease traps

• Exposed brick and concrete elements

The Swift Bldg is located at 621 Waverly St. It will include boutique office space, retail / restaurants.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

On 3/18/2024 at 6:11 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Marketing materials for the redevelopment of the Swift and Company Refinery building were published in January. The materials have additional details about the redevelopment at 621 Waverly St.  According to the brochure, this development will include boutique office space, retail, and/or restaurants.
KldVtQ6.jpeg

An updated diagram of M-K-T (600 N Shepherd Dr,) The Standard, and The Swift Bldg.

The diagram is from The Swift Bldg's food and beverage brochure. 

The Swift Bldg is located at 621 Waverly St. It will include boutique office space, retail / restaurants.

FoOIdUk.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 7:24 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Below is the site plan for the first floor of the former Swift and Company Refinery. The site plan is from leasing materials  published in January.

As mentioned, The Swift & Co. Refinery building at t 621 Waverly St is being redeveloped. Triten Real Estate Partners lists the mixed-use development as Swift; however, the latest brochure list it as The Swift Bldg.
GVsUkO7.jpeg

On 4/25/2024 at 2:12 PM, springcityparts said:

The newest renderings on www.theswiftbldg.com show about 90 fewer parking spots fronting the trail

swift-bldg-apr2024 (1).png

Updated site plan for ground floor restaurant units at The Swift Bldg. The site plan is included in food and beverage marketing materials for the development.

The Swift Bldg is located at 621 Waverly St. It is being redeveloped by Triten Real Estate Partners and Radom Capital.

JEKuOI9.jpeg

• Like 1