Los Tios Restaurants

• 10 months later...
The thread about Monterey House reminds me of another place I used to like. Is Los Tios still around? I loved their puff tortillas with queso.

I just found this. Someone else on the Monterey House/El Chico topic said that he used to eat here. Maybe it was a chain.

I just found this. Someone else on the Monterey House/El Chico topic said that he used to eat here. Maybe it was a chain.

I posted on another thread of 4 los tios I still know of. Meyerland, Westhiemer, Sugarland, and Memorial. I have eaten at all 4. My favorite is the Westhiemer store. For some reason the food tastes better and is more greasy :D

I posted on another thread of 4 los tios I still know of. Meyerland, Westhiemer, Sugarland, and Memorial. I have eaten at all 4. My favorite is the Westhiemer store. For some reason the food tastes better and is more greasy :D

Avoid Sugarland at all costs. Kirkwood @ Memorial or Westhiemer stores are a safe bet. Los Cucos gets my dollars though.

• 3 weeks later...
The thread about Monterey House reminds me of another place I used to like. Is Los Tios still around? I loved their puff tortillas with queso.

Yes, I used to eat at the Los Tios on Bissonnet and Fondren. Good Food! Good Nachos! I knew that particular store closed, but I did not know there was still one open in Houston. My favorite is Felix's on Westheimer. Casa Ole is pretty good too.

Yes, I used to eat at the Los Tios on Bissonnet and Fondren. Good Food! Good Nachos! I knew that particular store closed, but I did not know there was still one open in Houston. My favorite is Felix's on Westheimer. Casa Ole is pretty good too.

My family used to eat at that same one over on Fondren all the time. Then (I think) they moved that store over to the location across from Meyerland. In my opinion, it just was never the same. I don't know what they did different, but the food just never quite sat the same with me. I haven't been back there in probably 7 or 8 years.

As far as being owned by Skeeters, I'm pretty sure it wasn't always that way. However, when they moved from the Fondren location that may have been brought about by being bought by Skeeters, but I don't know foir sure.

One of Marvin Zindler's favorite restaurants is the Los Tios in Meyerland. I've been there on several occassions where he walked in and knew all the employees by name. That was about 5 years ago now - I've moved since then so I don't know if he still frequents the place or not.

• The title was changed to Los Tios Restaurants

Archived