• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A friend who bought a unit in The Revere was told their unit should be finished by late June. She wasn't clear if anyone else had started moving in, or if that was just her unit, or whether that's the entire project. She's not a sophisticated new const buyer.

They bought about a year ago.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, astrohip said:

A friend who bought a unit in The Revere was told their unit should be finished by late June. She wasn't clear if anyone else had started moving in, or if that was just her unit, or whether that's the entire project. She's not a sophisticated new const buyer.

Would love pictures from her. Usually buildings close from bottom to top. What floor is she on?

• Like 2

On 5/25/2020 at 9:02 AM, db650 said:

Would love pictures from her. Usually buildings close from bottom to top. What floor is she on?

I think she's on three. They have a, shall we say, less than prime unit 😬. It looks out thru some utility poles, on to a neighboring building.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 8:46 AM, astrohip said:

Update: Back in June, they told her it would be mid-July, maybe the 15th or so. Now she tells me they are shooting for an August closing. Clearly it is a moving target.

If I was the developer, no way I leave that pole there. Unless that is some back alley angle, that makes the entire building look poorly thought out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2020 at 8:03 PM, db650 said:

I hope they will move that utility pole. Looks like a big safety hazard. Although, you would think if they were going to move the pole, they would’ve done so before pouring the ramp.

9DEB642A-B6A1-4DE3-BC40-3A52C2E34763.jpeg

They will have to work with CenterPoint to move. CenterPoint will have a backlog of this type of work and will put it on their schedule. If the builder didn't reach out about this early on then they could have this situation where it isn't moved yet. The builder could speed up the process by doing the engineering work for CenterPoint and then they will move it up their backlog.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My friend is still being told "end of August". She's on a lower floor, and was told once the entire floor gets the OK from COH, she can close.

And that pole... I drove by and took a look. It's set in asphalt, so they clearly are waiting for it to be moved, so they can concrete the patch.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, astrohip said:

She was told the CO for her floor is due by the end of this coming week. They guaranteed her she would be able to move no later than Aug 25. No idea what a guarantee involves.

It would be neat if she was the first to move in and have whole place to herself.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, db650 said:

It would be neat if she was the first to move in and have whole place to herself.

When we moved into The River Oaks, we were the 4th condo to take occupancy. It's definitely a weird feeling!

OTOH, there were so many workers & crew still finishing the place that it never really felt empty. Although at night, you had the place to yourself.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2020 at 10:37 AM, astrohip said:

My friend is still being told "end of August". She's on a lower floor, and was told once the entire floor gets the OK from COH, she can close.

And that pole... I drove by and took a look. It's set in asphalt, so they clearly are waiting for it to be moved, so they can concrete the patch.

You were right! I saw Centerpoint out on Sunday moving the pole. I was driving so I couldn't snap a picture. 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They're in! CO was issued Thursday, and they closed Friday. Already started moving stuff in, although they don't expect to start spending the night for a couple more days.

So far, she's happy. Said it was "brighter and more spacious than I expected". New condo owners are always a little anxious, often moving from 5,000+sqft McMansions, into smaller condos. But it's the rare new condo owner who doesn't come to love it before long. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, astrohip said:

They're in! CO was issued Thursday, and they closed Friday. Already started moving stuff in, although they don't expect to start spending the night for a couple more days.

So far, she's happy. Said it was "brighter and more spacious than I expected". New condo owners are always a little anxious, often moving from 5,000+sqft McMansions, into smaller condos. But it's the rare new condo owner who doesn't come to love it before long. 

That’s so exciting! I hope they enjoy their new place and please send any pictures.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice video. But...

I know that area fairly well (as most of you do also), and I'm having trouble figuring out certain shots. Did they remove some buildings from some views on that video? For one, I never saw The Huntingdon, which is right next door. And the view looking west (Galleria) seems to be missing lots of buildings that should be visible between the Revere and the West Loop.

Just me?

Edited by astrohip

• The title was changed to The Revere At River Oaks

I need to check in with my friend who bought there, and was one of the first to move in. I used to see her several times a month, but since Covid, I've only seen her once or twice. Last time I talked to her, she loved the place, but had a fair number of small, niggling problems. But that was months ago.

• Like 3