Board Totals

editor

One of my favorite features of this board is being able to see on the front page how many people are on simultaneously, and the running total of posts. Unfortunately, I've had to disable that feature. The board is becoming too popular and it's putting a strain on the server. I will miss the feature as much as anyone. But I will occasionally post numbers here.

When I turned it off, there were 125 people on the system at once.

There were about 41,000 posts.

There were just over 1,100 users.

Thanks.

Guest danax
One of my favorite features of this board is being able to see on the front page how many people are on simultaneously, and the running total of posts.  Unfortunately, I've had to disable that feature.  The board is becoming too popular and it's putting a strain on the server.  I will miss the feature as much as anyone.  But I will occasionally post numbers here.

When I turned it off, there were 125 people on the system at once.

There were about 41,000 posts.

There were just over 1,100 users.

Thanks.

One statistic I'd enjoy seeing would be a ranking of topics with the most replies.

It still seems like it is easy to know everyone. Well at least the high traffic posters. I looked through the top 100 posters and I recognize everybody. Sadly though there are a few who are not around anymore. Though I didn't realize we have both spacecity and spaceage. I think the latter was barhouston on the old Haif right? But now that we have 1000+ members is is harder to know everybody.

EDIT just went through the next 100 and a few in 100-150 I don't recognize. But there are alot in 150-200. Though that is getting down to people with only 17 posts.

Edited by YakuzaIce

It still seems like it is easy to know everyone.  Well at least the high traffic posters.  I looked through the top 100 posters and I recognize everybody.  Sadly though there are a few who are not around anymore.  Though I didn't realize we have both spacecity and spaceage.  I think the latter was barhouston on the old Haif right?  But now that we have 1000+ members is is harder to know everybody.

EDIT just went through the next 100 and a few in 100-150 I don't recognize.  But there are alot in 150-200.  Though that is getting down to people with only 17 posts.

I am number 27 on the list with close to 400 posts. MidtownCoog has 1800 posts. That is a crapload.