Perry Townhomes Telephone/Gulfgate

I'm almost as predictable as Danax and rps, as a resident of Glenbrook I'm here.

There are problem spots and houses most places. When I lived in the Heights there were regular car break-ins on my street, not so much in Glenbrook. I don't think one's any safer than the other. One definately has a better rep. Like it's been said, it can happen anywhere. But the neighborhood is getting better every day. The civic club is focused on enforcing deed restrictions. We work very closely with the storefront on Broadway and they've always been receptive to anything we present to them. The Captains at the Mykawa district office are helpful too in responding to our needs.

Is Karen Carpenter, not the singer, still active with the citizens on patrol out there? I remember she was always very vocal and could always get an officer out quickly. One thing that does suck about HPD is that they continually move their officers around. I know when Capt. Mundin left, residents of the southeast side were upset. Just when an area gets used to working with a certain set of officers, they move them to another beat. Then the process starts all over.

BTW order the chicken curry with vegetables at 888. It's not on the menu but you'll become addicted. The owners live in those perry townhomes on Office City. I asked if they liked them and they said that the units had no character but Jin sp? said she didn't want to move cause she liked walking to work.

Is Karen Carpenter, not the singer, still active with the citizens on patrol out there? I remember she was always very vocal and could always get an officer out quickly. One thing that does suck about HPD is that they continually move their officers around. I know when Capt. Mundin left, residents of the southeast side were upset. Just when an area gets used to working with a certain set of officers, they move them to another beat. Then the process starts all over.

BTW order the chicken curry with vegetables at 888. It's not on the menu but you'll become addicted. The owners live in those perry townhomes on Office City. I asked if they liked them and they said that the units had no character but Jin sp? said she didn't want to move cause she liked walking to work.

Karen is definately active. She's been on the civic club board last year and this year with me. I think she took a break at some point. She's very involved with the deed restriction violations.

The only thing that area needs is a Target, a movie theatre a gym and a bookstore and they'd be all set.

Oh boy. Houston Utopia!

I wish however that Perry would ghet to it in the near northside.

Edited by MiDTOWNeR

• The title was changed to Perry Townhomes Telephone/Gulfgate