More Aerial Photos

Highway6

Here are some photos I snapped while flying along the I-10 Corridor in a Cessna.

I know these aren't the best photos.. but it is a perspective of the city not everyone gets to see.. so Enjoy.

Hopefully, next time I go up, I'll have a newer camera and clearer skies.

DSC01636.jpg

Looking down the West Loop towards the Galleria Area.

DSC01637.jpg

DSC01638.jpg

Memorial Park

DSC01639.jpg

Memorial Heights, Rice Military, and Eleanor Tinsley Park.

DSC01640.jpg

Downtown

DSC01641.jpg

DSC01642.jpg

DSC01643.jpg

You can rent a helicopter in Houston pretty cheap compared to other cities. Sometimes under $200/hour. I heard one guy was getting it for $90/hour back in 2001. There are a lot of helicopters in Houston that are only used part of the day and sit around the rest of the day, so the owners are eager to make money from them. The only TV station that owns their helicopter in Houston is Fox. Everyone else rents by the hour from U.S. Helicopters.

Wow those are nice pictures. H6 would you mind if I used your first picture? I'll give you the credit.

Sure.. Feel free to use em.

I'm not sure how much helicopter rentals are. My mother actually just renewed her small plane pilots license after like a 25 year absense. I was her test passenger :)

I know the Ground School at Weiser airport out 290 has this 'Discovery Flight' program for like around $40. Basically they go up with you, do the take off.. then put the controls in your hands for half an hr. Sorrta a 'crashcourse' in leanring to fly.

Its meant to get people interested enough to start taking flying lessons. Though.. the Discovery Flights fly outside the city limits.. so I'm not sure they would work if you wanted to use it as a means to photograph the city.