METRORail Running Often During Rodeo

Slick Vik

I went to the rodeo three times in the last seven days on the rail and noticed it's running very frequently in the late evenings, seems like every 2-3 minutes. Even then it's not enough for the demand but it's nice to see Metro made adjustments. It's been interesting to talk to people riding it, many for the first time, many are saying this is cool but why don't we have more like other cities, why isn't it faster, etc. It's good to see that kind of talk from the people that live here because it will help us move forward.

It's been interesting to talk to people riding it, many for the first time, many are saying this is cool but why don't we have more like other cities, why isn't it faster, etc. It's good to see that kind of talk from the people that live here because it will help us move forward.

Idle talk isn't really a "moving forward" idea, and when you get into it, many people would rather not see tax dollars sunk into light rail, or roads/businesses destroyed for new lines. I could wish for a 7-Eleven within a block of my house, but I wouldn't want the light, ground, or noise pollution associated with it.

• The title was changed to METRORail Running Often During Rodeo

Archived