New LPFM station coming to Montgomery County

Purpledevil

Approval has been granted for Backyard Radio Inc's application to build a low power FM station in Magnolia, licensed to Montgomery. This low power station's construction permit indicates the station will air at 103-5 FM, with 100 watts of power, and an antenna height of 82 feet.

The station will cover southwest Montgomery County and northwest Harris County with what has been stated as a "community oriented format".

For those of you up in the Magnolia, Montgomery, or Tomball area, keep an ear out for this one. It's a local broadcaster, and the new station should be hyper-local to the communities it will serve.

Given its small signal and "hyper local" commitment to the community it promised when applying for the LPFM, I'd imagine talk about Montgomery Bears and Magnolia Bulldogs athletics will be the primary focus of any sports programming.

Can you let us know when it flips the switch on? I won't know until the application to cover hits the FCC site & I'm pretty sure I'm going to be too far southeast to pick it up OTA, since it has such a short tower. This could be really good for Magnolia and Montgomery HS sports by giving them an FM radio station to air games on.

Archived