Randall's/Fiesta Supermarkets History

Ashikaga

Watch out for those supermarket discount cards. A website called "nocards.org" says that what you buy is kept in a computer database and it's sold to other businesses. For example, a supermarket sold someone name and what they bought to their health insurance company. When the insurance company saw that the person bought a lot of red meat, they increased his premium. They contend that too much red meat is bad for your health.

Don't worry, my shopping card is in the name if Mike Hunt. :lol:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
there are a few dunkin's still around but not as many as there once were.

dunkin donuts are pretty big in the northeast and the reason ain't their donuts. It's their coffee. I worked in retail fuels sales for a while and we leased space at some of our staions to duncan donuts in New Jersey. We went on a market ride up there and every dunkin we passed (and we passed a lot of them) was packed. When we asked our sales reps what the deal was they said its where everyone gets their coffee up here. I went into Spec's on Smith the other day and was looking in the coffee section and along side the Starbucks blends, and other specialty coffee blends were bags of Dunkin Donuts coffees.

• The title was changed to Randall's/Fiesta Supermarkets History

Archived