Alief Pride

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/m...politan/3283749

Gotta send props to my home sweet home. Da place that brought you Tila Nguyen, Rashard Lewis, and some of da most open people I've ever met. Though Alief has a lot of work to do, it's work so far deserves to be mentioned right up there with Fort Bend and Katy.

Well, with all the new middle class subdivisions being built around Alief, I'm not surprised. Unfortunately, I don't think AISD is quite where it ought to be - mostly due to the excessively high number of apartment complexes in the area.

Hopefully, as more middle class subdivisions are developed in that area, the more nice the schools will become.

Well, with all the new middle class subdivisions being built around Alief, I'm not surprised. Unfortunately, I don't think AISD is quite where it ought to be - mostly due to the excessively high number of apartment complexes in the area.

Hopefully, as more middle class subdivisions are developed in that area, the more nice the schools will become.

That's the way I see it. Quite a few new homes being built around Bellaire and Beechnut between Dairy Ashford and Hwy 6. I realize that the problem areas are more around Beechnut and Wilcrest/Kirkwood but I don't see much in the way of moderately priced apartments going up in comparison to the new homes. It's seems like a 3:1 ratio.

• The title was changed to Alief Pride