Ned Hibberd leaves Fox 26 KRIV-TV

Blue Dogs

It looks like another one at Fox 26 is leaving for greener pastures.

Reporter and fill-in anchor Ned Hibberd is leaving for Fox owned stations WJZY-WMYT in Charlotte, North Carolina reported Fox 26 KRIV reporter Isiah "The Factor" Carey aka The Insite.

Hibberd will be the assistant news director for the newly purchased FOX duopoly. Hibberd follows former FOX 26 executive producer Geoffrey Roth, who became VP of local content (aka news director) there last summer. "Ned has been an integral part of our news team over the last 23 years," said Fox 26 KRIV VP & General Manager D'Artagnan Bebel in a statement released to mikemcguff.com in an email. "He is an accomplished storyteller, whose keen insight into emerging technologies and unique news style will be missed. We wish him well in his new position." His departure will be a big blow to the station since he's been at KRIV since 1988.

Hibberd started at Fox Houston as an intern in 1988 and worked his way up. According to his bio, he's worked as a production crew member, assignments editor, associate producer, investigative reporter, fill-in anchor and general assignments reporter. Hibberd leaves KRIV on November 24th and begins work in Charlotte on December 2nd. Congrats to Ned and his wife, Danielle and their 3 sons.

Mike McGuff and The Insite both reported this story:

http://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2013/11/ned-hibberd-leaves-fox-26-wjzy-wmyt-fox-charlotte,html

http://www.isiahfactor.com/2013/11/12/ned-hibberd-heads-to-charlotte/

Any reaction to Hibberd leaving Fox 26 ?

• 3 weeks later...

I got to know Ned through a mutual acquaintance not long after he joined Fox 26. He is every bit as intelligent as one might suspect. He also has a friendly personality without being to "chummy." We lost touch about 10 years ago but I would see him occasionally on  TV and was always impressed, especially when he was "reporting from the scene," how well put together his reports were. I wish him every success.

Archived