TxDOT Opens First New Direct Connector Ramp

editor

TXDOT OPENS FIRST NEW DIRECT CONNECTOR RAMP

"The I-610 Southbound to I-10 Westbound Direct Connector Ramp Scheduled to Open September 18"

(Houston, Texas) - Tomorrow night, Saturday, September 18 the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) will open the first of the sixteen new direct connector ramps to be reconstructed as a part of the Katy Freeway Reconstruction Program. Beginning tomorrow morning at 5 AM until 6 PM Saturday night, Williams Brothers Construction will be closing the I-610 southbound to I-10 eastbound and westbound direct connector ramps to make the switch of traffic onto the newly constructed I-610 southbound to I-10 westbound direct connector (Connector J). The ramp is scheduled to open upon completion of the traffic switch. During the ramp closures, I-610 southbound traffic destined to I-10 should detour to Old Katy Road; westbound traffic should detour to enter I-10 west of Silber Road and eastbound traffic should take Washington Avenue to I-10 eastbound.

Connector J is the first of eight direct connectors to be reconstructed as a part of the I-10/I-610 Interchange and one of sixteen direct connectors to be reconstructed as a part of the full Katy Freeway Reconstruction Program. The other eight direct connectors include the reconstruction of the I-10/Beltway 8 Interchange connector ramps. The reconstruction of the I-10/I-610 Interchange is expected to be completed in December 2007 while completion of the I-10/Beltway 8 reconstruction is targeted for December 2008.

• The title was changed to TxDOT Opens First New Direct Connector Ramp