Republican party self-destruction?

brian0123

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would that be the millions who aren't going to be able to keep the plans they like even though the President promised they would be able to?

The insurance companies have been canceling plans and trying to upsell to single payer customers for years. They prey on these types of people. I have a contractor friend that gets crapped on every year. He signs up for coverage only to be told later at renewal time that his type of coverage is no longer available, "but we can offer you this instead". It's the old bait and switch technique.

Per my earlier point, the news cycle has turned and the shutdown is no longer a story. I wouldn't be surprised if there are no significant changes in the mid-term and if the Republicans retain control of both houses.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/30/21252826-obama-leadership-style-raises-question-of-who-is-in-control?lite

Can't retain control of senate when they don't have it right now.

Would that be the millions who aren't going to be able to keep the plans they like even though the President promised they would be able to?

Those are some of the people

Decent article talking about this from results last night: http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/06/opinion/louis-election/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

I think it's going to be interesting to see what happens between Christie and the tea party. Even if Christie can win over NE Repubs and Independents, I don't see how he could excite enough Repubs across the entire country to support him.

Decent article talking about this from results last night: http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/06/opinion/louis-election/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

I think it's going to be interesting to see what happens between Christie and the tea party. Even if Christie can win over NE Repubs and Independents, I don't see how he could excite enough Repubs across the entire country to support him.

The Repubs will never forgive him for cooperating with Obama.

The insurance companies have been canceling plans and trying to upsell to single payer customers for years. They prey on these types of people. I have a contractor friend that gets crapped on every year. He signs up for coverage only to be told later at renewal time that his type of coverage is no longer available, "but we can offer you this instead". It's the old bait and switch technique.

So you're avoiding the fact that he didn't tell the truth. Look, I'm an Independent that voted for Obama and I have to admit, this entire rollout has been a complete mess. If he wants to succeed, he needs to turn this around and stop doing this hands off approach to everything. His legacy hangs in the balance right now.

So you're avoiding the fact that he didn't tell the truth. Look, I'm an Independent that voted for Obama and I have to admit, this entire rollout has been a complete mess. If he wants to succeed, he needs to turn this around and stop doing this hands off approach to everything. His legacy hangs in the balance right now.

I don't think he realized he was lying to them at the time. I agree, that he needs to fix that part. However, the insurance companies are going to squeal real loud, if he makes them keep unprofitable policies out there while other companies are making gravy off the new folks.

Archived