Looking To Buy A Condo

TOMIKA!

Foreclosures are often overlooked. (Although, sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't.) If I were you, I'd start with the Foreclosure Search Page and then work your way through HAR. Craigslist will either have condos listed or listings for brokers (sometimes!) who are selling.

If you're looking for new construction, Urban Living has a few for your price range (also quite a few resells that aren't bad looking.)

I was looking for condos before I decided that I'm too used to living in a house (with however small of a yard) and now I'm focusing more on patio and townhomes.

Generally the older 60-80's complexes/condo conversions are the most affordable. I think there are a number on Bering (HAR says 94 units on Bering currently for sale, of which 84 are 200k or under), near the Galleria. In addition, there is 2400 McCue, which I think is pretty new.

HAR.com is the best way to find resale condos since you can search by street, housing type, price, etc.

tree tops on post oak is a good Galleria area project I saw. An old apartment to condo conversion, its not the best on the outside, but I was impressed what you get and the style inside was actually very nice. Value was there in my opinion, 1 bdrm under 100K with the basics, a 1 bdrm with Study/ bdrm nicely outfitted for around $150. Secluded, quiet area (close to where the Orion is). I don't like maintenance fees for condos, but theirs weren't too bad. I looked at 2400 McCue just out of curiosity and it was a lot of show, but the value just wasn't there to me. Basically looked like they bought the building and sold it "as-is." Not redoing it, and its a nice building, but for $220K, I expected a lot more.

Take a look at tree tops online. I would go in person, the exterior might make you think negatively (just because its an older building), but inside it is nice in my opinion.

Treetops

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a decently priced condo in the inner loop or close to the Galleria. Trying to stay under $200,000. Anyone know of any good projects or brokers that can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Check out 735 Arlington in the Heights. There are only 10 units but last time I drove by there were one or two for sale. They have 1B/1.5 and 2/2. The one bedroom had a separate study. All have garages, patios & balconies.

• 1 month later...
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a decently priced condo in the inner loop or close to the Galleria. Trying to stay under $200,000. Anyone know of any good projects or brokers that can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have a condo located at 1621 Heights Blvd. #12. It was recently remodeled about 2 years ago and is a truly great complex. It is a 2 bedroom, 2.5 batch, 2 story unit. It is in the back of the complex, so very quiet and private. Great wood floors, and moldings throughout. Currently listed at $199,900...

Hi,

I have a condo located at 1621 Heights Blvd. #12.  It was recently remodeled about 2 years ago and is a truly great complex.  It is a 2 bedroom, 2.5 batch, 2 story unit.  It is in the back of the complex, so very quiet and private.  Great wood floors, and moldings throughout.  Currently listed at $199,900...

Never seen the inside of one of those condos but the location couldn't be better.

Hi,

I have a condo located at 1621 Heights Blvd. #12.  It was recently remodeled about 2 years ago and is a truly great complex.  It is a 2 bedroom, 2.5 batch, 2 story unit.  It is in the back of the complex, so very quiet and private.  Great wood floors, and moldings throughout.  Currently listed at $199,900...

Very nice. Fantastic location. Looks like your neighbor's moving too. :)

• 2 weeks later...