Renter's Insanity Montrose

totheskies

Now that the rail actually goes somewhere, people will want the option of using it. UH/TSU seem most ripe for TOD at this point, and all of the area around Leeland Station on the Southeast Line.

I wanted to mention the light rail also but am trying to keep my posts shorter and more focused. Thanks for adding that though. I agree.

Exactly, which is why the time to buy over there is now. Once Montrose/Heights is priced out, people wanting to be inside the loop will have to move eastward.

You'll know you've missed the boat when people start petitioning to get the third ward designated under HAHC. ;)

I also think our apartment stock is too "big". Houstonians are also going to have to adjust their ideas of space as the city grows and changes.  We need a wider selection of studio and efficiency-style apartments for single renters... it's surprising that there aren't many complexes that are majority studios.  Probably because everyone in Houston wants a spacious 1 or 2 br.  But if you go to places like New York, everything is about location.  People are willing to live in a small space if it's where they want to be.  Hopefully a larger share of the inventory going forward will be smaller apartments, as that would help to level out the market. 

I agree.  The wife and I are struggling to find something that is "Small" in a 2/2.  Even the new built ones are all too huge for our needs, even though we can afford something "nice", we don't want a house too big to deal with in our dottage.

To say it is frustrating is putting it mildly.

• The title was changed to Renter's Insanity Montrose

Archived