Eastwood Lot Sizes

Guest danax
I applaud the attempt, but as anyone who drives through the Heights knows, this will only prohibit splitting the lot to build townhomes.  Tearing down the house to build a McMansion is still allowed, and given lot prices, even encouraged.

I know, I was thinking the same thing. Townhouses are the immediate threat. I don't think there's any way to prevent teardowns. At least in the Heights a lot of the new stuff going up is sort of Victorian so the overall neighborhood look doesn't give one a headache while driving through.

True, but some days, I drive home wondering if my hood is just becoming a Victorian Bellaire.

FWIW, the townhomes don't really offend me. Bad design offends me. Some of the blocks around here look kind of New Orleans with the Victorian style townhomes. I know that this comment will not ingratiate me to the Czars of The Heights, but teardowns do occur, and as long as the new construction pays tribute to its surroundings, I don't mind it too much.