• 1 month later...

oooh yes - i also have a tip that there are a couple (somewhat expensive) copies of the howard barnstone book available in houston (ask me if you're interested). i thought about getting one, but i can't justify spending that much money on it!

anyhow, there are surely at least a few local architects/historians that would be interested (not to mention us amateurs!)...i am trying to think how to contact them

oooh yes - i also have a tip that there are a couple (somewhat expensive) copies of the howard barnstone book available in houston (ask me if you're interested).  i thought about getting one, but i can't justify spending that much money on it!

anyhow, there are surely at least a few local architects/historians that would be interested (not to mention us amateurs!)...i am trying to think how to contact them

There are two local organizations that could be of service.

Historic Houston headed by Lynn Edmonson sorry dont have a link but they have a website.

Greater Houston Preservation Alliance, also has web site

Stephen Fox at Rice University Architecture Department.

City Preservation Department and Rany Pace can be of service :)

I have a copy of The Architecture of John F. Staub-Houston and the South by Howard Barnstone. It has a chronological list of Staub homes and other structures from 1921-1968. It has great essays on practicly every one of his better known Houston homes with great pictures. It is one of my most treasured books.

• 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to John Staub