Megachurches

sevfiv

It occured to me as I was channel surfing this morning, all the televised mega and not so mega church were practicly segregated. Isn't it ironic that the church seems to be the last standing bastion of segregation? Sure there were a few people of color in some of them [i take exception to Lakewood-their audience looked fairly diverse] but for the most part it was either overwhelmingly white or black. It's kinda sad when you give it a thought.

As far as Ed, Jimmy "the masterbator" Swaggert, the Jim and Tammys of the world and Pastor Creflo A. Dollar go, I couldn't give a cent.

and that's MY 2 cents.

[Pastor Creflo A. Dollar??? Puff Pastor Dog Dollar-could be his rap street name]

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Last night Lakewood said if Jesus were here today, he'd be flying the world in a jet preaching the good word instead of riding a donkey. I actually see him touring in a RV or taking the bus."

I think he'd be sleeping in the back of his Subaru Outback.

If Jesus were here today, he's want a hot shower and a BIG meal.

"Last night Lakewood said if Jesus were here today, he'd be flying the world in a jet preaching the good word instead of riding a donkey. I actually see him touring in a RV or taking the bus."

I think he'd be sleeping in the back of his Subaru Outback.

Reminds me of Ray Stevens' clever "Would Jesus Wear a Rolex?"

Religion is for people who are afraid they are going to hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.

How about the brand new Cathedral to the Almighty Dollar on Allan Parkway? Commonly known as the Federal Reserve Bak of Dallas. Big steel gates and fence around it to keep out the riff raff. What the hell is the place all about anyhow. It sure looks inviting until you see the gates.

Archived