The Long Hairs Gang Trial For The Murder Of Jose Pacheco

sinister1

I don't know if this is the right place but I was working on an article as a history project and I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this question. I am looking for old Houston Police records about The Long Hairs Gang trial and the murder of Jose Pacheco from 1943. I have attached what I have thus far. Please note that I never finished my project due to lack of information so what you see is incomplete information. Thanks.

The Long Haired Gang Murder.pdf

Call the District Clerk's office and ask if they have paper archives back that far. It's unlikely anything before the 70's/80's is online. Check out the newspaper archives as well. I think they are available at the Metropolitan Research Center, but I don't know for sure.

Call the District Clerk's office and ask if they have paper archives back that far. It's unlikely anything before the 70's/80's is online. Check out the newspaper archives as well. I think they are available at the Metropolitan Research Center, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks Ross, I actually do have news paper articles that I made copies of at the Libary downton but that's as far as I got I would like some more detail like court documents and maybe even pictures. I'll try the Metor politan Resarch Center see if I have any luck.

The records actually go back to 1830 something which is cool but when I search for my case it says it's not avilable because the case might be private or something like that. : (

The records actually go back to 1830 something which is cool but when I search for my case it says it's not avilable because the case might be private or something like that. : (

That's the standard response when a case isn't available. I've seen it appear on more recent cases that have been purged. The earliest case I've seen listed online is from the 70's, but there aren't many of those. The transition to computerized records was a little haphazard, and there's not really a clean cutoff, as far as I can tell.

That's the standard response when a case isn't available. I've seen it appear on more recent cases that have been purged. The earliest case I've seen listed online is from the 70's, but there aren't many of those. The transition to computerized records was a little haphazard, and there's not really a clean cutoff, as far as I can tell.

That is sad. Looks like I hit another bump. I will keep looking; thanks for your help.

• The title was changed to Help With A Report/Article
  • The title was changed to The Long Hairs Gang Trial For The Murder Of Jose Pacheco

Archived