De-Construction of 610 Midrise

wxman

I am in Houston visiting for a few days and last night I as on the north loop (heading east towards 45) when I noticed one of the midrise buildings on my left (1600 something) looked like the building was being taken down. All the glass had been taken out and it looked as though the building was being readied for implosion. Anybody else know what I'm referring to? Keep in mind that it was really dark when I passed by and I only got a couple of glances in before I passed it.

I am in Houston visiting for a few days and last night I as on the north loop (heading east towards 45) when I noticed one of the midrise buildings on my left (1600 something) looked like the building was being taken down. All the glass had been taken out and it looked as though the building was being readied for implosion. Anybody else know what I'm referring to? Keep in mind that it was really dark when I passed by and I only got a couple of glances in before I passed it.

Was it this building? It's 1900 N Loop W Freeway...I worked in the complex just west of it a few years ago and that building seemed vacant. My guess is structural issues?

post-4902-0-76261800-1339787622_thumb.pn

1900 N Loop West. My Mom worked in that building for a few years. It was a pretty mediocre building, and it suffered some bad damage in IKE. The mechanicals were pretty bad - AC never worked right, elevators were slow, etc. Be nce to get it back on the tax rolls at the full value.

Archived