Nice Chron Article About East End

samagon

http://www.chron.com...-up-3570008.php

some of the comments are lol.

What do you guys think? Is the area experiencing another false start, or is it a for real revitalization?

I continue to think that whether it's the for real growth, or just another false start it's only a matter of time before the area changes, just like Montrose, Washington, or the Heights. It's a question of critical mass.

When I first moved into the area (almost 4 years ago now) I was eager for people to 'find the area' and build it up, after having lived here, I have grown to enjoy it as is. Light traffic, friendly neighbors, I've come to realize it's already built, albeit a bit rough around the edges.

I didn't think it was possible to make the term EaDO more irritating, but I was wrong. Pair it with 'pioneers.'

I'm with Sam; not really into all the boosterism. June marks my 5 year anniversary in the east end and I still like it just fine, aside from any of the reasons the article cites. Glad they didn't name drop the D&W, because thankfully the EaDo people seem to be staying away from it.

Oh, don't hold your breath on Moontower. I rode by there 2 days ago and there appears to be no progress since March, at least. Too bad, because it sure would be nice to have dollar Lone Star and that yard to hang out in while it still less than a 100 degrees outside.

Maybe the Moon Tower folks figured out that it's a lot harder to finance and construct architecturally unique structures that are poorly adaptable to any other user than themselves than it is to, well...cook sausages and serve beer over a counter.

Whether they pull it off or not, I can't help but suspect that the one-dollar Lone Stars are gone forever.

Maybe the Moon Tower folks figured out that it's a lot harder to finance and construct architecturally unique structures that are poorly adaptable to any other user than themselves than it is to, well...cook sausages and serve beer over a counter.

Whether they pull it off or not, I can't help but suspect that the one-dollar Lone Stars are gone forever.

They are. They even sold their food truck called Meat Wagon just to make ends meat. Evans wont be back any time soon. So long MT... it was nice while it lasted.

I didn't get it why they needed to close for renovations anyway.

they needed to expand, no big deal, they had enough land to be able to stay open in their current building while building their other structure.

hell, at least get financing and permits approved before closing.

instagram is so cute :-p

that's good news though, their FB page is apparently being updated quite regularly as well, not sure why FB decided I should stop getting regular updates when they post them.

They're going to be a brewpub as well? sweet.

instagram is so cute :-p

that's good news though, their FB page is apparently being updated quite regularly as well, not sure why FB decided I should stop getting regular updates when they post them.

They're going to be a brewpub as well? sweet.

Is this checked?

zrXGO.jpg

Yeah, brewpub, and they're going to have 40 taps for other beers.

• The title was changed to Nice Chron Article About East End

Archived