Two Large Buildings At I-45N And Rankin Rd.

Jesse

There are 2 huge buildings (warehouse style) going up on the East side of I-45, a few hundred feet north of Rankin Road. Both buildings are 1-2 story, with large curved roofs. Very large surface lots.

I've been thinking a car dealership (or two), but am wondering if anybody knows more details.

-Jesse

I have no idea myself. I've tried researching it a little bit but haven't found anything. It looks like the layout of a dealership, but parts of the the buildings don't really look like it. Whatever it is, it seems like it's taking forever for them to finish.

It is The Woodlands Army Reserve Center. Satterfield & Pontikes Federal Div. is handling it, so that is why you are probably not getting much info if you are calling/emailing them. I haven't seen drawings on this in almost two years but at the time the building with the rounded roof had an entire level below grade. I didn't understand the reasoning for it. It wasn't reinfored structurally to act like a bomb shelter.

And like I said, it's a Federal job. You better bet it's going to take much longer to build compared to...well anything else. Haahaha!

• Like 1

Happen to know about the big pile of dirt across the street, at Rankin Road and Kuykendahl (SE Corner)? They're digging fairly deep, so some of us are thinking a gas station (for the tanks)

Edited by Jesse

• The title was changed to Two Large Buildings At I-45N And Rankin Rd.