educationbldg.jpg

Education Building

englishinterior.jpg

Interior hallway of the Education Building

usa-wide.jpg

Wide shot of Basketball Arena

usa-wide2.jpg

Another view of Tech's Arena

The Lubbock area is also home to a music scene that has given the world legendary musicians like: Buddy Holly, John Denver, Roy Orbison, Waylon Jennings, Bob Wills, Jimmy Dean, Mac Davis, Meat Loaf, The Dixie Chicks' Natalie Maines, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Joe Ely, Butch Hancock and more recently Pat Green, Cory Morrow, and Lee Ann Womack among others.

buddystatue3.jpg

Iconic view of the Buddy Holly statue in Lubbock

thelubbockdepot.jpg

The Depot in Lubbock

buddyhollycenterglasses.jpg

The Buddy Holly Museum is located in the old Lubbock Depot building located in the heart of Lubbock's "Depot District", which is best described as Lubbock's little version of 6th street.

thebluelight.jpg

Outside the Blue Light bar in the Depot

bh-courtyard3.jpg

The Meadows Courtyard often features live music and cold beer, a perfect setting during Lubbock's cool summer nights.

depotgarden.jpg

The phrase "Austin via Lubbock" was coined to describe the plethora of talented artists originating from the South Plains area on their way up in the entertainment world. I can recall my time as a student at Tech enjoying many a cold one outside at the Depot Beer Garden (now home to the Buddy Holly Museum), enjoying the music of a local singer named Pat Green.

stubbs.jpg

"Ladies and Gentleman...I am a Cook!" - "Stubb" Stubblefield

Just a block over at the original location of 'Stubb's BBQ' the restaurant founded by BBQ legend, C.B. "Stubb" Stubblefield.

statueofstubb.jpg

Statue of Stubb, donated by local Lubbock residents wanting to commemorate this local BBQ legend (Stubb passed away a few years ago).

Famous Quotes from Stubb:

- "I was born hungry; I wants to feed the world."

- "Bar-B-Q? Makin

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Texas Tech/Lubbock Texas Pictures

Archived