Champ Car Street Racing

Frankly, I don't know what the hey this is, but I thought it might be of some interest to someone:

http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modul...ticle&sid=17272

Champ Car street racing has the attention of some big cities. According to a story in The Oregonian "Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, San Diego, and Seattle have all made inquiries about Champ Car."

The lure for Champ Car... potential big crowds, and big profits.

In light of their recent statements that they are businessmen first, and racers second, Kalkhoven talked about the importance of the series history, "You don't want to throw away the heritage of the series, either."

But when it comes to venues like Portland....

"Somewhere in here we have to make a business decision," said Gentilozzi to the paper. "If there's any potential to grow the market and make this race a success, then we want to be here. And it's not just about promotion. It's about community involvement."

Is this the reincarnation of CART? I googled CART and it brought up ChampCar. I would love for them to come back to Houston. I used to office in the Great Southwest Bldg. at Texas and Austin. We had a huge balcony on the 19th floor. Whenever CART would come to town, we'd throw a huge party and watch the race from that balcony. It was unbelievable.

This is the bought out remnants of CART. Most of the old CART teams are in the IRL now. Wish Dallas had gotten a race, but I'll just have to get down to H-town for my favorite racing circuit. OK, second favorite, but there's zero chance of Texas getting a MotoGP race.