What's happening to North Main St. ?

While driving through the North Side on my way to visit a friend in First Ward I saw something that made me do a double take on North Main St. near Hogan St. I saw some concert pillars (See photos below). Now, at first thought I was like are they making an off ramp or something but then I rememberd that the light rail is going to run from the U of H. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks in advance.

WP_000201.jpg

WP_000202.jpg

WP_000203.jpg

While driving through the North Side on my way to visit a friend in First Ward I saw something that made me do a double take on North Main St. near Hogan St. I saw some concert pillars (See photos below). Now, at first thought I was like are they making an off ramp or something but then I rememberd that the light rail is going to run from the U of H. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks in advance.

WP_000201.jpg

WP_000202.jpg

WP_000203.jpg

Also, Metro has a fair amount of info on their home page.

Is Poppa Burger actually still open? I can't imagine how they're going to survive the construction given that access has been severely restricted, plus anyone that's driven down that stretch of North Main recently is going to go out of their way to avoid it until everything's finished.

Is Poppa Burger actually still open? I can't imagine how they're going to survive the construction given that access has been severely restricted, plus anyone that's driven down that stretch of North Main recently is going to go out of their way to avoid it until everything's finished.

They are. I might add they are not that good either, yet attract a large following. Guess it is like "Polo, A&F etc, the name sucks them in. :lol:

I've never had them but I hear they are very good... ?

Poppa Burger was actually very good back in the 80's when I use to go there as a kid; I haven't tried them lately and yes they are opened for business. You can always go around the back streets and park in the back. ; -)

Archived