Kindle Book lending site

I wanted to plug a new site started by a couple of Clear Lake boys:

http://kbookcycle.com

Amazon announced that Kindle Books could be shared between users. kbookcycle.com allows users to share, lend and trade eBooks with each other with the click of a button. The site includes a queue system that puts users in line for a book to receive it as soon as it becomes available, completely anonymously. kbookcycle.com also features a search function to allow users to easily search Amazon Kindle books, determine if they are ‘lendable’ and also browse best sellers. And also if you buy any Amazon products by clicking through our site, we get a commission!

Check it out and let me know what you think.

I love the idea. I hope they do well. I'll check it out later today.

A lot of libraries allow their patrons to "check out" books, video, music, and more over the internet now. I do it with both the Seattle Public Library, and the King County Library, and read the books on my iPad and my iPhone. Unfortunately, I can't check out the music or videos because those are for Windows devices only.

The Houston Public Library also has this ability: http://www.houstonlibrary.org/downloads

I signed up and immediately saw a book I'm interested in. I clicked "Borrow" and now I'm waiting for the owner of the book to do whatever he has to do on his side to complete the transaction. Pretty neat!

I signed up and immediately saw a book I'm interested in. I clicked "Borrow" and now I'm waiting for the owner of the book to do whatever he has to do on his side to complete the transaction. Pretty neat!

thanks editor, i leant you the book :)

we're hoping it catches on and spreads like wildfire. please help spread the word everyone!

(my best friend and I are the cofounders)

Here's a list of libraries that lend out kindles.

I haven't really looked in to this, but its a neat concept. Honestly I'll make up my $139 by sharing books within my family by the end of the year. And if our site goes well, everyone will have more ops to get free books. Plus I love having it for long trips, giving me lots of books to read in a light weight package with a battery that lasts a month.

We have Nook lending as a stretch Goal. We still have things to work out on the Kindle side, and want to expand the site to include a forum and discussion space for books. But if things go well we will expand to the Nook. We'll probably determine our forward plan after we let things settle for a bit and perfect the functionality we have now.

Will libraries eventually loan Kindle (or Kindle-like) devices? Or will patrons have to supply their own?

You don't need an actual Kindle. I don't have one, but I was able to borrow the book to read on the Kindle for Mac software. It also works with the Kindle for iPhone/iPad apps.

Very cool project. I'll have to see if I have any Kindle books I can donate to your service.

Archived