Seeking Residential Design Advice

beachbum

I am your average working Joe. My wife and I acquired a double lot (100x125 feet) a stones throw away from the Ocean on the HWY 146 corridor. However, we are planning on building a modest home for us and my elderly parents in a garage apt. type situation.

I cannot find a home plan that suits our needs. They are all too big or too small and none have garage apts. My needs are the following:

Main house-at least 1500 square feet but not over 1600

Stories-1, 2 or 3 but cannot be over 35 feet tall

3 bedrooms and 2 baths

Port cochere or carport-2 car

Garage apt-400 sq feet at most

Does anyone know of an architect or home designer that could help me with this? We are far from rich and cannot pay millions for the home, much less the design. Since you all are in the architectural community, perhaps you could enlighten me as to anyone in the houston area who could make a neat small design. Perhaps a recent architectural grad or a student who needs the extra money and has innovative ideas?

Thanks

I am your average working Joe.  My wife and I acquired a double lot (100x125 feet) a stones throw away from the Ocean on the HWY 146 corridor.  However, we are planning on building a modest home for us and my elderly parents in a garage apt. type situation. 

I cannot find a home plan that suits our needs.  They are all too big or too small and none have garage apts.  My needs are the following:

Main house-at least 1500 square feet but not over 1600

Stories-1, 2 or 3 but cannot be over 35 feet tall

3 bedrooms and 2 baths

Port cochere or carport-2 car

Garage apt-400 sq feet at most

Does anyone know of an architect or home designer that could help me with this?  We are far from rich and cannot pay millions for the home, much less the design.  Since you all are in the architectural community, perhaps you could enlighten me as to anyone in the houston area who could make a neat small design.  Perhaps a recent architectural grad or a student who needs the extra money and has innovative ideas?

Thanks

There was a HoustonPress article a while back about Perry townhomes....they mentioned an architect in there who liked to do cost effective stuff....I don't remember her name though. I sent her an eMail about possibly drafting up a cost effective project for me, but never heard anything back.